cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failure to post goods issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

we use WMS and materials are batched-managed.

in one outbound delivery transaction, automatic batch management for 9 out of 10 line items was done, while determination for the 10th line item was not done because of shortage. Transfer order was created and confirmed for this delivery. But error occurs in posting of goods issue with the messages:

VU 010 Document is incomplete. You cannot post goods movement.

VL 608 Delivery has not yet been completely processed by WM.

VL 605 The batches are not defined for delivery item XX.

we tried cancelling the transfer order, but the outbound delivery can still not be edited so that batch for the 10th item can be entered.

how do we solve this situation?

many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan

If you want to do the delivery for last item also then go to VL02N. Double click on incomplete line item and go to 'batch Split' tab. there you can refresh the batch determination so that it could pick the available batch with correct parameters. Check stock before doing this step. Referring to this step again go to VL02N step and goto 'Subsequent function' option and create TO and confirm it. Then Pack and do the GI.

Still if u want to to do the reversal follow the below steps

a. Do reversal with t code LT0G. Here you give the delivery no and WH no for reversal reference. The items picked for GI will get reversed

b. From VL02N delete the delivery (If required)

c. Create fresh delivery from VL10G

If anything more required please let me know

Regards

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Amol.

my problem is that the batch split is not modifiable after confirmation of TO. however, we tried looking at stock availability and this seems to contribute to the problem. the system indicates that stocks are available using MMBE, but when we look closely, orders are beyond availability.

i will get back to you if and when the problem is resolved.

many thanks, friend!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan

thanks for this... still i would like to ask you one thing regarding this, have you checked the batch parameters and search strategy from VCH3? May be the available batch parameters are not matching with the delivery parameters. Also compare with material master data for the same material.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, again.

batch determination is working perfectly in sales & distribution related transactions.

we noticed that if the batch for an item is left undetermined (because of shortage), and a subsequent TO was made and confirmed with the batch of this item remaining undetermined, then we have a goods issue problem. in the DEV environment, we have focused on stock availability as the cause of the problem, which we are trying to confirm in PROD.

we tried reversing the confirmation, but i was told that apparently there is no such procedure. i find this strange because we could reverse goods issue using VL09, then do LT15 and LT0G; obviously, the TO for the transactions should have been confirmed prior to the original goods issue, so i don't understand why there is no reversal of confirmation.

we also fail to see batch determination in STO, but this is a separate issue which you are welcome to comment on. in this case, batch determination for delivery type NL and item category NLN were activated, but do not work.

many thanks.

Edited by: jonathan yap on Apr 8, 2008 4:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could please elaborate more on batch failure in STO for analysing more clearly?

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

when we do STO delivery (type NL) with reference to a PO, we can manually enter batches. however, we could not do automatic batch determination. neither can we make use of the batch split option as the system issues a message "cannot find search strategy". this is despite auto batch determination activated at delivery item category NLN and delivery type NL.

we already have a batch search strategy and this works in the LF delivery type.

are we missing anything in the configuration?

many thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan

To get batch automatically in the STO please check the settings as below

IMG -- Log General -- batch management -- Batch determination & Batch check .

1. Check Condition table and Access sequence.

2. based on this u define Strategy type in IM e.g. ME01 (Movement type / Plant / Material no)

3. In Define Batch search procedure for IM... define the procedure e.g. ME0001.

Under this procedure assign strategy ME01

4. In batch search allocation for IM and activate check settings as below

601 GD goods issue:delvy ME0001

For SD --

1000 IC 01 NL SD0001

In this way while creating delivery for STO, system will check the batch automatically and assign it in to delivery. I have given the steps to make automatic selection in general, please check and enter relevant data according to ur requirement. Same way you can check for SD settings also.

Also u need to create Search strategy e.g. SD01 from SAP easy access menu for Key combination so that from the key combination parameter it will select the exact strategy.

I hope if u set the above settings carefully it will definitely solve ur problem. Revert back incase you need more clarification regarding this.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Amol.

what you suggested have all been previously done. but i think this is a possible factor:

we have configured the Allocation for SD search procedure as - Sales Area + Sales Doc type + Search procedure (xxxx/xx/xx + NL + SD0001.

settings were already done in both SD and IM.

however, we create the STO delivery (type NL) with reference to the PO, and not to sales doc type NL. could this be the reason why despite our configuration, the system still says we don't have a search strategy?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathan

I could see the two missing parameters, correct me if i m wrong.

1 In IMG -- Log Gen --Batch mgmt -- batch Determ -- Activate auto batch determination in SD

Here plese check for under 'Delivery' tab , check box activated for ur delivery type.

2. Is condition record is maintained under VCH1? to find the auto batch in delivery condition record should be maintained.

In STO, under shipping tab check which delivery type is coming and check setting for the same delivery type in IMG.

Being using STO functionality you need to make settings uder SD also as said above.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Amol.

will be on leave until april 21. will try your suggestion then. promise to keep you posted. many thanks, friend!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

as promised, i will now be updating you on what is happening with this issue.

the settings for SD are complete. and yet, auto batch determination is not happening in STO delivery type NL. my suspicion is that the settings for IM (movement type) might still have to be done. not being an MM consultant, i hesitate to play around with the settings when this is not my responsibility.

if anyone out there thinks that this is the right path, please let me know.

in the meantime, thanks to all of you as i have to close this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

Being this issue closed without resolving issue, im too curious.

Just for some more addition to this, as you said you r facing for delivery type 'NL' . When you are doing delivery with this delivery type , you will get item category 'NLN' - Standard stock transport item'. If you check settings under 0VLP for 'NLN', please check the 'auto batch determination' tick is activated or not?

Please respond if you get any positive result

Regards

Amol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Error 'VL 605 The batches are not defined for delivery item XX' means there are no batches for material XX available in stock. Create batch for material XX from GR (automatically) or from MSC1N. Post the stock and do the above steps as I said.

Amol