cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube data is not showing in Planning book..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please help me with the following process.. We have BW data now in APo through data marts.. and the APO cube is ready to use in Planning Book.. this cube has been used in the past and the planning book was showing the same data...and after some modifications and the cube has been refreshed and re activated and so now the cube is not showing in Planning book.. Please write me the steps that i need to follow.. I am more into BW and worked bit with APO.. so i need help and the production date is next week..

Thanks

arya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you serious??!!

I dont know why a BW person is doing this Are you sure its you who need to do this?? if so whats your APO consultant doing?? 😛 and whats anyone doing after its in the planning area...

and you are joking about going live next week right??

anyhow what you need to do is to go to transaction /SAPAPO/TSCUBE

put in your infocube name, planning version (usually 000)

Planning area name (hopefully someone has created it and you know what it is) , planning version (usually 000)

Put in a date (this can be saved into a dynamic variant)

go to KF assignment and check if the cube KF data and the PA kF data match(or is what you want) and save

go to char assignment and check and save

execute

now set this up as a regular job if you want the PA to be refreshed regularly everytime you load data

read help on copy management (which is the same as loading plannign area)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/b3/a37d3984903d70e10000000a11402f/content.htm

finally get an APO consultant to do this. There is much more to than just these lines above...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think he is not able to find his cube in APO-BW after running /SAPAPO/TSCUBE.

after modifying and refreshing cube, did you activated it ? have you made changes in the same system or transported the changes.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That sounds better:)

But i think TSCUBE will pick up any standard cube as long as it is active

but i assume if the BW consultant says the cube has new data it is also active and refreshed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes Its pure APO work.. As a BW/APO consultant from my part i am able to do automate the loads from BW to APo using data marts, But the planning book and the cube configuration is pure APO consultant work... its not in my hands, thats my clients req.. And i cleared that to them, and now they understood they need both APO and BW guys...So still in process... But we have one issue right now thats been pointed out.. The chars thats been used in CVC are not mapped in APO cube... Lets say there are 8 chars thats been used in CVC by APo consultant in the past as there were some loadings happening to APo cube manually ( in the past), So from that cube to planning book ( CVC) among 8 chars, 2 chars are not mapped in cube with the new mappings from BW but they have been used in CVC.. i think thats the main problem.. I am going to map on cube those 2 also and i need to regenerate CVcs and i will see...

thanks though for you support..

Hareesh...

I really dont know what is planning book, and CVCs and the screens to use..haha...

Edited by: karan s on Apr 7, 2008 1:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan

BW consultant working on APO project with DP guy is a normal scene. anyway.for loading transaction data in PB you dont need to have all the CVC present in your cube.eg if you are loading dealer stock data you just need to have mapping for material and dealer data...(Harish..coreect me if i am wrong )..

But should be able to find cube under Load data from infocube transaction.

sometimes when we modify the cube's structure (directly...without transporting it) we get an error "generated program error".

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are going to change your cube

and

your TSCUBE is reviewed to take all the characterisitics to transfer Values into the plannig area

and

you have created the new CVCs with the new characterisitics

you should be fine

Answers (0)