Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA Redistribution not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've set up CUA, and everything is working properly, but the re-distribution is not.

I set up the Address fields in SCUM for re-distribution, but when I change the value in one of the child systems, the change is not transfered to the central system.

What am I missing? Is there a way to monitor the communication back to the central system for troubleshooting?

All the RFC's that I've set up for this process test successfully.

I have added the child system to the central, and imported the users successfully.

I have created and changed user data from the central system, and it does appear in the child system.

Everything is ok from central to child.

I just can't get any changes from the child to show up in the central system.

And, one other question related to CUA.

Is there a way to keep passwords in sync using CUA, or some other standard method?

Thanks

Doug

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

for redistributing dta from child->cua-master the back-rfc-connection is used. The most commen error is,

that the rfc-connection does not have the same name as the log.systemname of the cua-master, and that it is not configured properly (for instance wrong client, ip,....). In indicator, that the connection does not work is, that in SCUL in CUA-master there are no confirmed (green) entries for that child system.

The information is pushed to cua-master with direct RFC, so you can trace that with an rfc-trace.

Synchronizing of productive user-passwords is not possible and not desired as the security of your landscape is endagered.

i hope I could help a bit....

rgds, Bernhard

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you say that all RFC's have been set-up, does that include the RFC from child to central systems?

With regards to keeping the password in synch, that only applies to initial passwords from CUA. I have seen clients use so called SSO tools from vendors like Secude, Improvata etc.

You could also consider a SSO solution for SAP GUI - if you search the forum there are a number of threads related to this which could give you an idea of the requirements

Regards

Edited by: S Morar on Apr 4, 2008 9:39 AM

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

for redistributing dta from child->cua-master the back-rfc-connection is used. The most commen error is,

that the rfc-connection does not have the same name as the log.systemname of the cua-master, and that it is not configured properly (for instance wrong client, ip,....). In indicator, that the connection does not work is, that in SCUL in CUA-master there are no confirmed (green) entries for that child system.

The information is pushed to cua-master with direct RFC, so you can trace that with an rfc-trace.

Synchronizing of productive user-passwords is not possible and not desired as the security of your landscape is endagered.

i hope I could help a bit....

rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

I ran the RFC trace, as suggested, and found the code that called the update in the central system. Everything was working correctly.

I gave my RFC user for the Central system more authorization, and my problem is solved.

Thanks again.

Doug