cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Pay Load in XI Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Http->XI->RFC synchronous post scenario in XI. Lately we are observing a number of entries in XI log where sender is sending the interface 1 in the header but the pay load in the log is for interface 2. This is only happening under high load.

The owners of the application sending http post to XI have told us that they are confident that they are sending the right payload.

So, I was wondering has anyone here has expereinced XI mixing up the payload in higher load condition?

Thanks,

Paresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi paresh,

A basic test to check this is having an HTTP Sniffer in place between the sender System and XI.

[https://tcpmon.dev.java.net/]

A typical sniffer is TCPMon. Others are also available in the market for free

This would read the payload as well as the HTTP Request.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I will use some network sniffer tool to isolate the system.

Thanks,

Paresg

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue was with the sender system and not with XI.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>where sender is sending the interface 1 in the header but the pay load in the log is for interface 2.

Can you explain in detail

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri,

We have two outbound interface:

1. GetOrder_OB

2. GetCustomer_OB

There is a coldfusion application (Sender System) which sends the http request to XI with the interface name and payload.

What we are noticing is that the sender system will send the interface name as "GetOrder_OB" but the payload will be of 'GetCustomer_OB". This results in mapping error.

Now I am quiet certain that its an issue with the sender system since XI logs clearly shows that the incoming request to XI has incorrect payload. However owners of the sender system say that they are sending the correct payload:

Here is an example:

The sender interface is for GetOrder2_OB

SAP:Sender>

<SAP:Service>XEROX_REPTOOL</SAP:Service>

<SAP:Interface

namespace="urn:dac:reptool:XEROX:ORDERS:GetOrder2">GetOrder2_OB</SAP:Interface>

::::::::::::::

</SAP:Sender>

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Pay load (Is for a for GetCustomer_OB interface):

<xtiinput>

<inputheader>

<actionset>

<action>get_customer</action>

</actionset>

</inputheader>

<inputdata>

<systemXXXXXl</system>

<customerid>XXXX</customerid>

<contactid></contactid>

<cid></cid>

<send_cc>N</send_cc>

</inputdata>

</xtiinput>

Hope this explains the issue. I just want to see if other people have ever experienced this kind of issue in XI because of XI messing the message up? This is very possible if sender system sends the wrong payload but I find it hard to believe that XI will mess up the posts.

Thoughts??

Thanks,

Paresh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XI will not mix up the payloads in any case. It must be related to sender system sending incorrect data. XI role is only to transfer the data and editing header information will not be done in a normal sync scenario

Regards,

Prateek