cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order of message processing, Content conversion and custom modules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a quetion about the order in which a message processign happens in Adapter framework.

Say i have a file receiver with content conversion paramters.

endof line spcified using 'nl'. since it is writing to unix its adding Line feed (LF) at the end of the line.

When i open the message in windows sytem, the fiel is all mixed up.

Now my qestion is if i write a java module which converts the LF to CRLF. what happens to the message. which will get executed first, my module or content conversion.

By looking at this blog for message life cycle.

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

My module is executed in step 6. where is content conversion applied before my module or after my module. If its after will it overwrite whatever my custom module does.

Thanks fro the reply,

Vinay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Modules are executed in the order they are specified in the adapter,For receiver adapter the standard SAP module is the last one in order hence its will be executed all the way in the end,your module will be executed first and then the SAP standard module(which includes content conversion)

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amir,

Thanks for the reply.

So can i change the order of module execution, so i execute standard module first and then my custom module in the receiver file adapter.

Thanks,

Vinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>So can i change the order of module execution, so i execute standard module first and then my custom module in the receiver file adapter.

No,you can't do that,as a rule,SAP standard module must be the last one to get executed.if its not you will get error.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

That answers my question.

I will have to find other way to convert line feed to CRLF( charater return & line feed)

Thx,

vinay.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay:

Check the following link. Look in to the "Message flow from the sender" and "Message flow to receiver". You will get clear Idea

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8b/895e407aa4c44ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

I looked at the link. based on the link, the XI XML message is conv erted to native format at the last step of the process. That is after all modules have been executed.

So what will happen to changes like adding character Return to the file (CR).

Vinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay;

I am not pretty much sure but I think the final XML message contains all the parameters you have changed and its values through module processor. XI system tries to write with those parameters to the file system. And it is the file system that should understand the Character Return etc... so when you open the file, the file should look like how you want it to appear.