Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with the following command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I get some assistance with the following error in the knldiag.err? ;

I am running 7.6.03.08 on HP-UXIA.

2008-04-02 11:15:44 319 ERR 5 Catalog Catalog update failed,IFR_ERROR=500,DESCRIPTION=POS(1) Lock request timeout

I did some research and it talks about the REQUEST_TIMEOUT parameter. It is currently defaulting to 180 seconds. Should I just bump that parameter up?

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some process (whatever it was) locked the catalog and another process tried to do some changes. I´m not sure if the REQUEST_TIMEOUT will help in that case (it´s not a user lock in a table (row) but a lock on an internal structure).

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did the user receive that error 500 or don't you know if he received it or didn't he receive that error?

Is the XML-file of the corresponding knldiag available including that message and can you provide it?

Elke

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

The information given in this thread is NOT enough to get clear on the reported problem.

1)

Please update the following information::

-> Did you get the problem in the database of the LVC type < liveCache>?

-> Please post all lines from the knldiag.err file with the time stamp 2008-04-02 11:15:44.

-> What application scenario you was running at that time?

Check the errors in system log, TA /nsm21, on your system.

Was application failed with ABAP dump?

2)

Did you get the DbErr ::-51: Lock request timeout?

Explanation:

The lock request or an implicit lock conflicts with the locks of another user.

The maximum waiting time for being granted the lock has elapsed (database parameter REQUEST_TIMEOUT).

User Action:

In some cases, the error message contains a more detailed description of the error.

The lock request can be reissued. To avoid possible deadlock < > situations, it is advisable to roll back the transaction using the ROLLBACK statement.

< You could set REQUEST_TIMEOUT to the value 3600, initial value for the liveCache instance.

Run dbm command 'param_getexplain REQUEST_TIMEOUT' >

See SAP MaxDB Library 7.6 at http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_6/default.htm -> Messages ::

-50 : Lock request timeout

-51 : Lock request timeout

-913: Lock request timeout

< & see 'Special Database Parameters' -> REQUEST_TIMEOUT at MaxDB Library >

3)

If you are SAP customer please follow SAP Note No. 1111426 to check Parameters for liveCache/MaxDB instances.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Edited by: Natalia Khlopina on Apr 3, 2008 9:15 PM