cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy an existing SC in JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have one SC that is having 8 DCs. We need to have the copy of the same SC in the same Track with different name. Is it possible to copy an existing SC? Please provide your inputs on this.

Regards,

Gurmat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot have duplicate DCs in a track, i.e...same DC cannot be active in two different SCs within the same track. Even if you create one, while activating you will get an error saying the DCs is already active in a different software component.

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen/Akshatha,

Thanks for your input. Can I add that SC in other track in Landscape Configurator? So that when I am changing DCs in one SC it wont affect the same DC in other SC.

I have SC <A> in Track <1>. I will add the same SC <A> in Track <2> in Landscape Configurator.

Now I will change the DCs in SC <A> of Track <1> then will it impact the same DCs in SC <A> of Track <2>?

While adding the SC to other track I dont want to change the name and namespace of the DCs.

Regards,

Gurmat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurmat,

Can I add that SC in other track in Landscape Configurator?

--> Yes

So that when I am changing DCs in one SC it wont affect the same DC in other SC.

--> Wrong. One Single DC cannot be active in 2 different SCs within the same track, but yes only if the SCs are in different tracks

I have SC in Track <1>. I will add the same SC in Track <2> in Landscape Configurator.

Now I will change the DCs in SC of Track <1> then will it impact the same DCs in SC of Track <2>?

--> Impact will not be automatic, may be the changes have to pushed via a manual import into dev and cons in the second track. You could also establish a Transport connection for this SC.

While adding the SC to other track I dont want to change the name and namespace of the DCs.

-->Yes. No change is required

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Akshatha for such an explanation.

Its really helpful. I have rewarded you the points.

Regards,

Gurmat Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurmat,

You cant copy and paste SC in the same track, you can create a SC with different name and migrate the DC's you have under the SC.

Regards

Praveen