cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing ECC6 : SAP ERP 2005 or Netweaver 2004s ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've never performed a SAP installation, and I would like to undertand, why in order to

install ECC6 aftfer launching sapinst, we have to choose SAP ERP 2005 in the menu,

and when we install BI.7 we have to choose netweaver 20004S.

I've read the master guides (SAP ERP 6.0, netweaver 7.0) and the installations guides.

And I must be really confused because I can't answer to those questions.

As SAP ECC6 is based on netweaver 2004s technology, why can't I chose it the menu to install it ?

I'm really missing something ...

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - ERP 6.0 (new name, no more called ERP 2005) is based on Netweaver 7.0 (no more called Netweaver 2004s).

ERP 6.0 is based on Netweaver 7.0 (means, it uses the technology of NW 7.0 - WebAS ABAP + WebAS Java).

BI 7.0 is not a separate product but PART of NW 7.0, means, if you install a NW 7.0 ABAP instance you have a BI included. To make use of BI you will need to install the content AddOn BI_CONT 7.03.

So:

ERP 2005 --> ERP 6.0

Netweaver 2004s --> Netweaver 7.0

BI 7.0 --> Netweaver 7.0 (ABAP) + BI_CONT 7.03

Portal --> Netweaver 7.0 (Java)

I know, this is all VERY confusing, the Netweaver Master Guide will tell you, what CDs/DVDs you need for which installation.

Markus

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add to Markus's response. To use BI within SAP ERP 6.0, you will also nee the BI JAVA usage type (which includes AS JAVA and EP usage types).

Cheers,

Mike.

Answers (0)