Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crc check error - MDM server and Java connector are in the same version

former_member206107
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on MDM Server SP06 Patch 02 and i have developed a webdynpro application for MDM. I am using the same version of JavaAPIs as MDM Server (5.5.62.33).

I am getting a crc check fail exception while doing the Repository level operations (Like getrolelistcommand, getuserlistcommand)

Server level operations (like createserversessioncommand) are working fine with the same setup.

I havent tried record level operations.

Do you have any idea why i am getting this exception?

The only possiblity of getting crc check fail exception would be the mismatch of version between MDM server and JavaAPI if i am correct.

Kindly post your suggestions on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Arun prabhu S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

We had got the same error a day back..Please check GUI version is updated (if not ,install new GUI version compatible for SP06)

Hope this might help..

Regards

Vikrant...

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member206107
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem was due to the .sca file.

The jar files in the .sca are different from the jar files refered by the webdynpro application.

I extracted the jar files from the .sca and used those jar files with my webdynpro application. So now all the jars and MDM server are in the same version.

Thank you all for your valuable time!

Best regards,

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do agreed that crc check fail causes due to version mismatch.

One thing I would like to suggest is first create the new repository on your latest MDM server then try to perform the necessary operations and check whether the same error still occurs.

Also check your Java code whether you have passed the correct parameters like Servername and Repository Name.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

former_member206107
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

I have reinstalled all the components (MDM Server, console, data manager, Java API) to make sure that all are in same version.

Also I have removed rest of the components (Import manager...etc)

But still I am getting the same problem!

May I know which build you are using? I am using 5.5.62.33.

Best regards,

Arun prabhu S

former_member206107
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply!

Vikrant,

What do you meant by GUI here?

MDM Console?

Alok,

What is the relation between MDM Java API with MDM Console?

BTW I am using the same version of MDM Clients as MDM Server.

Best regards,

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

GUI means all mdm components Console, Data Manager, Import Mnager, Syndication Manager. Yes the relation between Java API and Console is that what you do using API it will be reflected in Console also as well as any other component.

But sure CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) comes when version mismatch occurs in Console and Server. Please uninstall and then install console again.

Check all the components versions you are accessing using API's.

One more thing check manually by going in to console that CRC occurs or not and if yes then check all things.

BR,

Alok

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Apr 4, 2008 11:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

CRC error come because of mismatch version of MDM Console and MDM Server, so check for the same and do the needful accordingly.

BR,

Alok