cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto sync and sync at the same time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i´m developing an app with auto sync each 15 second, but sometimes, i need a forced sync, are there any problems if there are two sync active at the same time?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fill the syncbo bit a bit from backend... and when the syncbo have more than 3000rows, appear in i-partial and not continue... what could be the problem? The timeout?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

As i earlier mentioned it can be because of data size too..so you should think of the way to reduce the data size if possible..all the 3000 records are relevant..Is it possible to set some filter criteria?so that you can reduce the data load and hence can increase the performance or please perform the perfomance tuning of you backend FM to reduce the time to fetch the data.

Thanks

Regards

Devendra Kumar Phate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, if all data is relevant... And the MF is optimized... What could be do? Do you recommended go to T51?

The syncbo T51 only replicate the data each 1 minute, can i do the replication < 1 minute?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

why do auto sync less then 1minute???? Calculate processing times an so on -if you sync every min - then you rsystem syncs always - not necessary in my understanimng.

Better choice: sync by request: usually: uder want to know how many items are in stock? Then you create a SyncBO - sync up to backend - get reply down - display reply. This is ok for type S01 - takes just a few secs - autosync - well, I do not like it cuse of the issues you get with chnged data in the background, while display and change an item on the device at the same time,.....

And: you have the items on the device cause you want to work offline - but then you sync every min the complete dataset. Calculate the load on the servers. You are running nealry everything in S01 - your backend will explode!!!!!!!!! Beside the technical problems you are dealing with: this is the most problematic issue in your case! The load on the backend in your architecture! Change the handling of BOs completeyl and thing again about your data design!!!!!!!

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

What do you mean by Autosync..are you defining some parameters in mobileengine config file or using smartsync Api's.

If you are defining the mobileengine parameters then it should not affect your foced sync.

Thanks

Regards

Devendra Phate

Former Member
0 Kudos

With autosync, i´m refering in mobile config:

MobileEngine.Sync.TimedSyncActive=true

MobileEngine.Sync.TimedSyncTimeInterval=15000

MobileEngine.Security.SynchronizationPasswordHandlingOption=local

MobileEngine.Sync.RepetitiveSyncEnabled=true

MobileEngine.Sync.TimeBetweenRepetitiveSyncs=15000

I think that i have problems, because i work... but sometimes i need force sync, so, sometimes, when i do force sync appear some syncbo in i-partial... I think that is because auto sync and force sync are active at the same time...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

The Background sync shouldnot affect the forced think.Also in ideal production scenraio i think its not a good option to use forced sync at smaller interval as it might consume too much of resource and if number of users are more it might can affect the performance..instead you should use distributor..

Thanks

Regards

Devendra Phate

Former Member
0 Kudos

But, i´m an operator, i receive variuos orders, i read this orders with the PDA... i need force sync for receive the positions of this header...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Which type of syncbo you are using ?Could you please provide us some detials..about desing of your application to suggest some good options..

Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´m using SyncBO type S01...

My application is:

- In orders

- Out orders

Ok, in the part of in or in the part of out, the operator read various orders (could be in the syncbo or no):

- If the order is in syncbo --> no sync

- If the order isn´t in syncbo --> sync

Moreover, as the synchronization takes a long time, i do an auto sync... that´s way, the SyncBOs ar fill automatically in the backend by the operator boss.

Regards,

PD: the code for autosync:

MobileEngine.Sync.TimedSyncActive=true

MobileEngine.Sync.TimedSyncTimeInterval=15000

MobileEngine.Security.SynchronizationPasswordHandlingOption=local

MobileEngine.Sync.RepetitiveSyncEnabled=true

MobileEngine.Sync.TimeBetweenRepetitiveSyncs=15000

Edited by: Victor Capi on Apr 3, 2008 6:11 PM