Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Su25 Problem - 2b Does not list all our own maintained tcodes in SU24

Former Member
0 Kudos

We made SU24 changes in an earlier version (ECC 5) and we are currently upgrading to ECC 6.0 and are running into a couple of issues after we ran su25 and we are not sure why.

We ran Steps 2a, 2b and 2c and thought all of our SU24 Changes were saved (We have all our objects in Standard and Maintained States only in the Old Version ), we ran step 2c and the system listed all of the roles that were affected. We started Generating these roles in Expert Mode and this is where we ran into the problems.

1. For Example In Old Version ECC5 Role, we had an object PLOG as maintained inside the role with some values for tcode PA30, but when I regenerate in ECC6 , the maintained objects are gone and standard values of Sap are showing up inside the role, I am surprised that PA30 did not show up in Step 2b and am curious as to why my SU24 Values were not saved in Step 2b

When I compare roles across the 2 systems I find a lot of object differences , if SU25 step 2b saves all our custom SU24 Values where are these changes and why are we missing objects, in Step 2b Some of the Tcodes for which we have maintained SU24 to our own values are not showing up in step 2b

Can someone explain in what scenarios these exceptions might occur or are we missing something. Any notes, problems faced or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You probably might have saved all the t.codes for SAP defaults in step 2b. that just overwrites all your checks. If what I said happened you obviously loose all ur SU24 changes. If you already took a back-up of your USOB* tables either you can upload them to bring them back. if you haven't back-up probably you might have to download from ur other systems and upload it(this is a solution only all ur systems are in sync when it comes to checks.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

You probably might have saved all the t.codes for SAP defaults in step 2b. that just overwrites all your checks. If what I said happened you obviously loose all ur SU24 changes. If you already took a back-up of your USOB* tables either you can upload them to bring them back. if you haven't back-up probably you might have to download from ur other systems and upload it(this is a solution only all ur systems are in sync when it comes to checks.

0 Kudos

Hi Keerti

Thanks for the reply, but the answer is we made sure that we did not save SAP default values but saved our own values, the problem comes for few tcodes which are not displayed in step 2b

thanks

srikanth

0 Kudos

"When I compare roles across the 2 systems I find a lot of object differences , if SU25 step 2b saves all our custom SU24 Values where are these changes and why are we missing objects, in Step 2b Some of the Tcodes for which we have maintained SU24 to our own values are not showing up in step 2b"

actually any difference between SAP defaults and ur own values should pop up in SU25 2b for maintainence(adjustments). never heard this happening.

0 Kudos

Thanks again keerti

Thats what we are surprised and we are trying to see why it happend with only few todes, if i look at USOBX_C the tcodes which have problems are written as last changed by DDIC ( this does not mean that basis or someone has step 1 cause the last run date for step 1 is back in 2005, so we are good there)

also am trying to double check that we did the right thing in SU25 Step B , once we run Step 2b, system lists tcodes in red, we go to change mode and there it displays

Status | Object | Obj Des | Chk Ind | Proposal | SAP Chk Ind | SAP Proposal

so in the above column which values are the Customer Values ( i am thinking field Proposal has our customer values and SAP Proposal has SAP Default Values ) so if its a YS in Proposal and No is SAP Pro, i am saying keep Customer values )

But if the read the notes for USOBX_PR_TEXT ( Authorization proposal Stauts) i am getting a different meaning that an YES in Proposal does not mean customer specific values but YS in Proposal means get an Authorization default, so i am confused where we really compare Customer specific values with SAP Defaults

please explain

thanks

srikanth

0 Kudos

What you thought was right. When you go into change mode. you have an option on the right hand top cornor which gives the SAP/Customer Comparision, Instead of scrolling down into every object for a transaction, if you just look at the comparision and have to decide whether to keep the your value or sync it with SAP default. If you save the proposal with YS, and SAP Proposal NO, ur values will be considered. after changing it you can look at overall summary for the transaction just to make sure.

If incase code canges and new auth.objects included then you have to consider marking the Check indicator, Proposal and field values(if you need)

0 Kudos

thanks for your response keerti, , we are thinking we did nothing wrong but we are not sure why some of the enteries are under DDIC name, so have downloaded Customer Tables from ECC 5 and Uploading into our ECC 6 System and rerun steps 2a-2c and i think this will fix the issue, thanks for your response keerti,

let us know if you have any or precautions we need to take when uploading customer tables and regenerating

thanks

srikanth

0 Kudos

I have not seen this either, but it might be that between your ECC 5 and ECC 6 upgrade(s), manual changes were done to SU22 in your system or uploads of authorization data to the SAP defaults (possibly via SAP notes).

Take a look at the comments about SU22 in this recent thread which is not resolved yet () and the SAP note mentioned towards the end of it (or what is the current end of it) which made me think of this. I don't have the note infront of me, but there is a comment in it about the "Auto" flag which might help you further.

If that is the case, the only way I can think of working it out, would be to find the entries from DDIC or non-'SAP' users and manually check those for correctness now in ECC 6, like you would do with tcode SPAU.

That might help you,

Julius