cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSPORT REQUEST CANNOT BE EXPORTED ENDED WITH RC 0208

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am trying to release my request AEDK902592 of DEVELOPMENT server through se10. Now my problem is that the child request number

AEDK902593 is getting released whereas the parent request

AEDK902592 is nor released giving the following error: test call of transport control program (tp) ended with return code 0208.Can anyone please tell what can be wrong.Or is something wrong with the

request a it is also showing:your transport request could not be

exported as all requirement is not fulfilled.

Please help as it is very urgent.Helpful suggestion will be duly

rewarded.

Regards,

vicky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you maintain the documentattion for the main task also? At times the systems also check that documentation is maintained for both sub task and main tasks.

Also if address or tables are not maintained for the particular configuration it wil not allow you to release it. In that case go to display mode of this transport(keep the cursor on the main task and click on display-spectacles icon in the menu bar- a screen appears where you can see details -Properties, Objects and Documentation. Make sure the documentation is mainatined, if not click on change and mainatain the documentation and try to release. If it still gives an error - go to Objects and in the func column for each line item click on the icon and see if there are any values mainatined. If its blank then you might get an error. If its blank select the line item click on change and then delete the line item and then try releasing the transport. Well deleting any thing is not recommended but if we are sure it do not affect the functionality we can go ahead and do it. Else one more suggession is to delete this transport and then create a new one , to make sure all the details are given and then try releasing it.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Sai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear vicky

Longtime back, one of my friends also had faced similar problem and at that time, I was told that by applying the sapnotes 216703, the problem has been rectified. I am not sure, whether this will help you.

If not, you can also try with the following which I got from my ABAB colleague [I dont have technical knowledge )]

1. Check the permission/owner on the directory /usr/sap/trans/buffer (or DIR_TRANS/buffer)

2. Do a cd on that directory and then view the file SID. Check for multiple entries (as in the row entries are the same in all aspects) and any sign of corruption.

Check this file first with the command tp showbuffer <file name>

If the command also outputs the above error message, look for the incorrect line in the buffer file after the last displayed transport request.

Generate a backup copy of the buffer file and then correct the incorrect format of the line with a text editor. You must use the editor 'sappad' on Windows platforms.

If the command 'showbuffer' does not generate an error message, you must search for the incorrect line manually. To help you, you can generate a backup copy of the file and then use the command 'cleanbuffer' to remove processed requests from the buffer file.

Remember to do this first:

- Rename the old buffer file (example: System XYZ buffer):

mv /usr/sap/trans/buffer/XYZ /usr/sap/trans/buffer/XYZ.old

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi