Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while running LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are facing a problem with one of our users while running the LSMW

It goes smooth until the step READ DATA, and then it throws up a dump OPEN_DATASET_NO_AUTHORITY

And the following is the error analysis

Error analysis

An exception occurred that is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_FILE_AUTHORITY', was not

caught in

procedure "OPEN_OUTPUT_FILE" "(FORM)", nor was it propagated by a RAISING clause.

Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated that the exception would occur, the current program is terminated.

The reason for the exception is:

The ABAP program "/1CADMC/SAP_LSMW_READ_00000061" attempated to execute a statement with which the system automatically checks authorizations and for which the user "WMCT01" has no authorization.

The application program did not take the missing authorization into consideration and the program must therefore be terminated.

When the same user is given the SAP_ALL profile it works fine for him,

so i just need to know what are the possible AUTH objects and field values to set for this user.

I have given the user S_GUI object with full access but still the problem persists.

SU53 resuults are successful

So i request you to kindly help me on this...

Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

This is an authorization issue.

The user that you are using to execute the task doesn't have authorization for the S_DATASET object.

The Authorization Object S_DATASET

The object S_DATASET consists of the following fields:

· ABAP program name

Name of the ABAP program from which access is allowed. This allows you to restrict file access to a few programs specifically for that task.

· Activity

The possible values are:

33: Read file normally

34: Write to or delete file normally

A6: Read file with filter (operating system command)

A7: Write to file with filter (operating system command)

· File name

Name of the operating system file. This allows you to restrict the files to which the user has access.

For more information about authorization objects, refer to the Users and Authorizations documentation.

Caution

If the result of the automatic authorization check is negative, a runtime error occurs.

You should therefore check the authorization in your ABAP program before accessing the file using the function module AUTHORITY_CHECK_DATASET.

I got the above text from the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/fc/eb3d5c358411d1829f0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Siddhesh