cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined field for Project Def level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

We work on ivestment projects and we use to create 5 diiff types of projects. Say PJ/2008/A001 > For Admin like that.

PJ/2008/c001 > for Capax project.

Now each type of project will have Engg and Instlation OR Engg OR instalation.

So user wants to know, the status of the project on basis of the above. I would like to know, any field in Project Defination level, where we can maintain the data whether its Engg n instaltion or Engg or instaltion so that Tech guy can pick the data to use the logic.

This will help to get the report to meet our requirement.

Points are assured.

Regards

Raju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Defining Project Types should help you.

SPRO->PS->Structures->Operative->WBS->Project Types.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shrikant,

Thanks for the input. But iam looking for something diff.

In project type, For Examp PJ/2008/A001 , it may be admin project. In this project, i wanted to know is it a Engg and Instlation or Its Engg OR instaltion project types.

Any field of Project Def i wanted to maintain and if i have a Tap extra also it will serve the purpose.

But, how i can get it.

Pls advise.

Regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create Project types like:

1. AE- Admin Engg

2. AI- Admin installation

Please let me know if you are looking for something else.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Iam looking for a field where i can maintain that, this is Engg & Instaltion project or this is only Engg or Instlation in the project Definiation.

So that ABAPER take the filed to develop the report.

Pls advise

Regards

Narayan Raju

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

using project type in selection solved the purpose.

Iam closing this thread.

Regards,

N.Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. At Project Definition Level to add User fields use can use Uer Exit "CNEX0006".

2. Another way is to using project type, which can be assigned to 1st level WBS in Basic Data TAB. If it is Engg and Instlation then assign Project Type as Engg and Instlation OR Engg OR instalation.

Different types of Project Types can be created in Config.

But the simple one is option 2.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saikishore/ Venkat,

Thanks for the inputs. Iam thinking to use 2 diff Project profile , 1 for Engg & Instlation and 2nd is for Engg or Instalation.

For reporting purpose, we can see whether it is for whcih project and also we can pull the data from that.

Advise/comments on the above would be a great help.

Regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

You can maintain user defined feilds at Proj Def level and WBS level. Please check enhancements for Proj Def in SPRO settings. I am sure we can also add tabs...up to max 5 for WBS element detail screen ....however I doubt whether we can do the same for Proj def.

If I am correct....you would like to know the nature of the project whether it is Engg AND installation or only of any one those types.

1) If requirement is to pull the field for reporting purpose. Why can't you think to maintain the same in of the user fields at TOP WBS level. CHange description of that field as required ..like 'Nature of Proj ' and make that input of the field mandatory.

2) Can also maintain in one of the user statuses for WBS Elements. Create three status profile...

i) one having initial status as Engg & Instal.

ii) two having initial status as Engg

iii) three having initial status as Instal.

Make user status profile madatory at Proj def level.

Please let us know after u try.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.