Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this possible???

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I has a scenario from File to R/3

XI receives xml-files in the interface which are mapped to SAP. My client wants to be able to report on the time it takes for the data to enter XI until it is created in SAP. Therefore we need to create a timestamp in XI.

Let's say that a file enters XI 14:15:03 today. the file is then processed and mapped to SAP 15 minutes later, let's say 14:30:45.

On each field mapped to SAP should then the timestamp 14:15:03 be attached.

Awaiting for your responses...

Regards,

Ramana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can set current date and time of XI system..in mapping u have the option

Use the Date Transformation also to pass it in require format.

Regards

Seshagiri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

finally, how can i capture the time and date when the file enters into XI and SAP.

Please give me more suggestions on this...

Regards,

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are 2 things which you can do.

1. When the file is picked up by the File Adapter, the adapter engine records the timestamp. Now this can be accessed in mapping using dynamic configuration.

2. You can capture the actual time when the mapping is being done using a current date time function in mapping.

I guess XSLT would have a function to pick up the current date and time.

These are the 2 time stamps which you can pick up. There would not be much difference in them. You would see the change ususally in milli secs.

If your scenario is asynchronous, them I'm not really sure how you can capture the date time of the R/3 system.

If you have a synchronous scenario, probably you can use BPM and capute the 3 different times in a message and post them.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses...

But, here i am using XSLT Mapping

Is there any functions to add Date and Time

Regards,

Ramana.

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link which has functions of XSLT it might be useful..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/73/f61eea1741453eb8f794e150067930/content.htm

regards,

Kishore

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once Xi picked the file,if you use the processing mode as archive,

then xi will archive the picked file with Add time stamp(provided add time stamp check box selected).(in sender adapter)

similarly, select the add time stamp while placing the file in the target directory.(in reciver adapter)

you want date and time for each field, then use the Curent dat and time functions in graphical mapping.

other than this, if you any more clarifications

let us know.

warm regards

mahesh.