Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

NWDS 7.1 SP03

Dear all,

I installed the NWDS 7.1 SP03. I want to create tables in a dictionary project. Is it possible to create these tables via open sql statements?

In this tutorial https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0c6b369-065a-2910-8f9e-fb6ad535558f

they mention a view under Data -> Database Explorer, but i dont see this view in my studio...

I do have the Data Source Explorer view, and i can connect to my dictionary, but when i choose New Table from there, it gives me a RuntimeException in the error log, ClassCastException org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList.... in the NewTableWizardAction.run(NewTableWizardAction.java:66) ....

When i generate the ddl script for an existing table in my dictionary, and try to do Execute All for the generated script, it says "Driver definition not specified for bd" where db is the name of my connection profile to my dictionary project...

I hope someone can help.

Kind regards,

J.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi, Joren,

It's a good point...

If you are trying to connect to the system database, typically you should use the SAP<SID>DB username, instead of control. <SID> is the SID of your application server, respectively. Although, the passwords for both usernames should be the same.

Thus, the username would be SAPCE1DB, or SAPC42DB, or something...

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Yordan

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question