cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query on context mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

The following is an excerpt from a document.!!

can any one plz explain me it...it creates a lot of confusion abt context mapping.

This is given with regard to external context mapping:

*At design time, a Web Dynpro component does not know the context structures of its embedding Web Dynpro component. Therefore, it is not possible at design time to map context elements in the component interface controller of Web Dynpro component A to

context elements that belong to a controller context of Web Dynpro component B, which has declared a usage of A. However, if Web Dynpro component A itself uses another Web Dynpro component within itself, this is possible (general context mapping).*

Regards,

Sudheer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At design time, a web Dynpro component doesn't know the context structure

of its embedding Component.

1. The public part of the first is accessible, but it can't be viewable at

design time. So we can't map it graphically ( means at design time).

2. For using another component we need those components as UsedDCs. Even

we made that entry, the context is not visible at design time.

3. It is possible when the Used component is inside the current component (i.e. it is possible to view the context and we can do mapping same like view-to-component controller

better idea read blog posted by sudhir

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case the data flow is from outer component to inner component.In the inner component, inner components Component Controller is mapped to its Interface Controller.In the outer component,outer components Component Controller is mapped to Interface controller of the Inner Component(used Component).Since the data source mapping is done outside the inner component (i.e mapping of outer component component controller and inner component Interface controller)it is called External Mapping.At design time the inner component has no knowledge of from where the data is coming(i.e to which controller its interface controller is mapped

).

Refer

/people/sudhir.gorantla4/blog/2008/03/07/webdynpro-dcs-in-ce-71

Regards,

Sudhir