cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Application & Track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm new to NWDI, thus trying to get my concepts around it clear before I mess up with the stuff at my project. Say I've already created a track that contains the development configs for ESS business package. By importing this track into NWDI, I can customize the components within ESS and then check it in via DTR of NWDI.

If I've created a new application (portal application) and have already deployed it to server, but I want to customize the application now, do I need to add it into my track so I can see it in the DTR? Kind souls pls help!

Thanks,

Zhenmin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks Srikanth, I'll try with that method!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikanth is using the wrong DC type. You should use Portal Application Standalone like I mentioned before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Could you elaborate on how to import it into the DTR?

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood it correctly , you have a local par file in NWDS. This needs to be imported to DTR.

Go to Development Configuration perspective, select the Track and right click on SC to create a new DC. For DC type select 'Enterprise portal - Portal Application module'. Click 'Next', this will have two options. Select the second option 'Import project from a par file' , browse the par file from your local disk and continue.

Finally activate the requests, now you par file is available in DTR.

Regards

Srikanth KV

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm supposed to b the developer as well..haa. Ok, thanks for the clarification!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenmin

If its a .par file you cant use NWDI. But you can download .par file anytime using support role. If it is .ear file ask the developer.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the .par file contains the source code, you can create a Portal Application Standalone DC and import the source code into the DTR.