Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I pass the gt_outtab for cl_salv_table via a form parameter?

peter_langner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have put everything displaying the alv into a form routine and want to pass the gt_outtab-table, which contains the data to be displayed, as a table parameter. Then I receice the error CX_SY_DYN_CALL_ILLEGAL_TYPE regardless if it is a typed parameter (the actual structure, table) or untyped parameter.

Does anyone have an idea, what to do? Of cause refering to a global variable will do, but the readability of the programm I want to have it as a parameter.

Thank you,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you must use your table as a global object in the program. If you try to pass the values to the subroutine as a parameter with TABLES, then you´re altering the properties of the output table; that´s why you get the exception.

.... and don´t worry about the readability of your program.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you must use your table as a global object in the program. If you try to pass the values to the subroutine as a parameter with TABLES, then you´re altering the properties of the output table; that´s why you get the exception.

.... and don´t worry about the readability of your program.