cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Payment Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I have a scenario.How to create invoice for advance payment?

My scenario is like this:

Order is for 100 computers.The computers will be delivered partially.It will be delivered in folowing way:

1st delivery 40qts

2nd delivery 35 qts

3rd delivery 25qts.

For each parrtial delivery one invoice is created for advance payment.Means client want to create invoices for advance payment for each partial delivery (e.g. 10% advance for each paritial delivery) respectively. And than he wants to create 100% invoice for each partial delivery. This 10% advacne payment invoice is only for information purpose and release of 10% payment. But the 100% invoice for each partial delivery is the main invoice.And also client wants to mention the of advance payment invoice document number in the main invoice.

How to do this.Please its very urgent.

Reward points for helpful answer.

Regards

Ashis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

After making the partial delivery, you can create a Proforma Invoice and send it to the customer for the advance payment. Afterwards you can create the original invoice mentioning the proforma invoice number in that original invoice.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your reply.

But my client doesnt want proforma invoice.

He wants the invoice should be created for 10% amount.

And after delivery final invoice will be created for 100% delivery value (But customer will pay 100%-10% value).

And in this final invoice the advance payment invoice number shoul mention.

Regards

Ashis

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashis Patnaik

You can try with this option.

Go to OBB8, select the box "Instalment Payment". Next go to OBB9 and maintain different payment terms and maintain instalments accordingly. Now you maintain these payment terms in sale order and billing. Though I have worked in this scenario, I am sure, this shoudl work for you.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashis Patnaik,

It's an interesting situation. Though I'am not very much sure of my answer, you can give a try this way.

While creating the billing doc through VF01, you can select billing type as "down payment request" and create an invoice for the advance amount paid with reference to the first partial delivery, and simulate the same for the other 2 partial deliveries.

Finally, invoice for the total balance payable can be created once the all the partial deliveries are through.

Regards,

Raghav