cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing third party website through portal ... How?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've site, if I want to access it from browser window I need to give userID / Password .

Now my requirement is, if I provide the link of this site in the portal and click on it I should be able to access it without any UserID / Password.

How can I acheive this? Is it through SSO Logon ticket? If yes please provide me the detailed steps

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajashekhar,

You can achieve this by many ways.

A simple approach is by using URL iview.

Create a URL iview in the Portal, when you finish creation, you will get a screen where you can specify URL Parameter and Value.

Take the required website in a separate browser. Place the mouse over the website, right click the mouse button and select View Source from the context menu.Then the source code will be opened in Notepad.Find the name of the input field in the corresponding website where you enter the userid from this notepad. Give this field name into the "URL Parameter" field(test box) and the corresponding userid value at "Value" text box of the URL Iview.Like this find the iput field name where you enter the password in the website from the Notepad file. Enter it at the URL parameter text box and the corresponding value at the Value text box in the URL IView.When you execute(Preview) theIView, this values will be passed to the corresponding website and you can enter into it without giving userid and password everytime.

AppIntegrator is another approach to achieve this.

Regards,

Shemim