Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winzip with password protection

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to zip the files with password protection. Please can anyone guide us how to acheive this.

Currently we are planning to develop a custom adapter module by extending PayloadZipBean module to get the password functionality by writing some custom code. Please can anyone guide us from where we can get the code for this module or how we can achieve this.

Please correct me if the above mentioned approach is wrong. Also suggestions are invited to achieve the above mentioned requirement using other methods.

If anyone has already gone through such requirement then please share your experience and the way you achieved this.

Thanks and Regards,

Shiv.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this blog:

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2007/02/21/sap-xi-acting-as-a-huge-file-mover

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Stefan,

As per my understanding, the blog (/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2007/02/21/sap-xi-acting-as-a-huge-file-mover) you specified is explaining to reduce the load on the server by zipping the large files. please correct me if i am wrong.

but the requirement is to zip the target file along with password protection. we are able to zip the target file by following steps in your blog (/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/20/working-with-the-payloadzipbean-module-of-the-xi-adapter-framework), but how to password protect this zip file?

Thanks...

Sukarna.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all for you help.

I got a simple solution.. I downloaded Winzip Command line add on and installed it on PI server. Using the command line addon i fired command to zip a file with password protection and in batch file wrote commands to delete the original file and cpy file to FTP server and got the whole scenarion working.

Regards,

Shiv Prashant Dixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you pls let me know the syntax of the command line you have used?

Also, on which system your PI server installed in?

Please do the needful.

Thanks & Regards,

ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Can you provide details on the solution that you have implemented. We also have the same requirement of zipping an excel file, adding password to it and send it via email.

Please let me know what command line commands are used and how.

This will be really useful.

Regards.

Mallika