Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Input to BAPI

greg_moyle2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did start this question before but thought I had solved it but no I had not >>

Have two inputs to the BAPI (one simple input fields and one with a table), however I cannot combine the input into the BAPI.

I have read the following in another forum message:

a) The action Type of the toolbars / pushbuttons which starts the event have to be defined as customer action.

b) The event name of the input mapping has to be the same for all input forms and input tables of the BAPI.

c) the event name has to begin with the "*"operator.

Example: event name = "*SUBMITALL"

But I cannot get the event name to use "*" and therefore the BAPI doesn't accept info from two forms.

Thanks

Brian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you will not get the Star symbol '*' in event drop doen list.Just place the * symbol before the Strst event.

Then both inputs combinly go to Data service.

Regards,

Govindu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

greg_moyle2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

I had already flipped the port (but it was still good to see someone comment on this) bu the event name was my issue and now it works great.

Other question, my current VC version is 7.0 but this is a demo only, is this the same version as runs on a 6.40 Portal? and I read that SP9 is required, but is that the case with 6.40?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I think you want to input some values into a Table parameter of the BAPI for the proper execution.

For this, just click the Table parameter at the output port of the Data Service(BAPI), you can find one option named "Flip Port" in the context menu. Select it, the Table parameter will be shifted to the input port of the BAPI in VC design board. Now you can input the required values to the table parameter.

Do a try with this and proceed.

Regards,

Shemim

Edited by: Shemim Mohamed on Apr 3, 2008 11:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

The eventname must not start with *, only the trigger for the connection must have the event name with the . Example: Define the event in the view, for the button, as 'Submit', than put into the connectors, which should be fire at the same time, in the field 'event name' 'Submit'.

I hope that was it.

Regards, Bernd