cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple instances of SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI ,

Can multiple instances of theSAP MDM run on a single machine?

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JR_LM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have installed two instances of MDM on the same serever and the installation seems to be fine. However when we start the second instance, we get the following error, which appears to be a port contention issue.

+Loading '/usr/sap/MDMQA2/MDM/LangStrings/Networking.lang' (English)...+

+bind() failed in ServerListeningSocket::Create() with errno 00000002 : No such file or directory\"Initialization failed, error code = 0x83000000+

Any thoughts on how to change the port the MDM server binds to?

Thanks

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph,

unfortunately it is currently not possible to run two MDM instances on one server.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

...only with a OS level partition. It's almost always more cost effective to use a dedicated machine per MDS/MDIS/MDSS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph,

Have u been successful on the installation.

There were no replies after yours.

Can you please let me know about installing 2 MDS instances on the same host.

If you have any document you followed please mail me to mvishnuprasad07@gmail.com

It will be more helpful as the dead line to this is killing me.

Regards,

VishnuM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think, we can install MDM SP06 in one drive and SP05 in another. But some users say it works, you can just try by installing 2 different versions of MDM in two different drives. See the result.

May be, we can....

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I tried installing two versions on MDM Server on single machine but the latest one over writes the older version.Hence you cannot install more than one MDM Server on same machine.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Could you please explain your question in detail

E.g. Do you mean installing Multiple MDM Servers of different versions on single machine?

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja