cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fiscal year change ---very urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiii friends please its very urgent

i have an question that our clients have not posted depreciaiton for 2006 and the year end is also not carried out... now yesterday they posted depreciation and there are some differneces shown with there manual depreciation...

now they are executing reports but system is showing error saying fiscal year change has not yet carried out for the company code..

so my question is if i do the fiscal year change for 2008 with out closing 2006...

and after that can i make adjustment for year 2006???

please reply soon

full points will be giveen for quick reply......

thanks in advance

sejal singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use AJRW to code for fiscal year change

The exact time at the beginning of a new fiscal year at which transactions for that year should start being processed.

The prior fiscal year does not already have to be closed. You can still post in the prior fiscal year.

To open the new fiscal year, you run the asset fiscal year change program, which opens a new fiscal year for Asset Accounting. The running of the program updates the cumulative value fields for assets, and opens new value fields for the current fiscal year.

Regards

Sarma BH

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Now you are in FY 2008.

What I did not understand is, whether SAP is ON since 2006.

If yes, you need to close past years and carried forward balances to new FY.

If no, pls close 2007 and c/f to 2008. Then start running the dep program from the initial period.

Reg

assign points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

suresh i know that

but wht my question is....

if i m making a fiscal year change to 2008 currently that means in m opening 2006, 2007 and 2008

as per the functionality it allows to open only 2 periods at time...

so if i close 2006 and open 2008 and than i want to make adjustment to 2006 is it possible..?????????

2006 has be closed now through T.Code AJAB now i can do fiscal year change 2008. that means 2007 and 2008 are open in my system will it allow to do any adjsutment in 2006 once it is close...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could go back to 2006 by OAAQ and OAAR. But special authorisations are needed, before that, from BASIS and this doesn't come easy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Posting to prior year, specially in Asset accounting, please check with SAP raising a ticket at the market place.

Also, follow the link for some info.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/5c/a8bb5bc8db11d3b57f006094b9c996/frameset.htm

Unable to give specific answers.

Reg

assign pts if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think u are not getting my question....

my question is system is not allowing me to execute any report in FI-AA without fiscal year change....

if i dot that it ask me to close financial year 2006... but there are some inconsistancies for the year 2006. if i close this and open 2008 how co make that adjustment in the year 2006??????

so how can i know how here in which account there is difference,,,

please help me out its very urgent...

sejal

Former Member
0 Kudos

The request for a Fiscal Year Change is happening because the system date has passed into a new fiscal year.

If there is a window of time when you have exclusive access to your system, you might trying setting the system date back before the end of the last fiscal year and see if it let's you finish the work on 2006.

I don't know if that will work, but it might eliminate the above request.

Good Luck,

Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhatia,

Can you explain what you mean by "special authorization"?

Is this something any BASIS admin can do, or only SAP?

Thanks,

Russ