cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content server + Maxdb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For content server 6.4 + maxdb installation, is it required to install maxdb database separately first or it gets installed as part of install of content server 6.4.

Thanks.

Anirudh,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirudh,

Install Max Db First.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Procedure for MaxDB on Linux

Creating and Installing the MaxDB PHP Extension on Linux

Use

You create the software for the MaxDB PHP extension from the source code and install this software on your computer.

Prerequisites

· You need to have installed the following programs:

¡ gcc compiler, version 2.95 or higher

¡ autoconf, version 2.52 or higher

¡ libtool, version 1.5.6 or higher

· You need to have downloaded the source code for PHP 4.3.x or 5.0.x under php.net/downloads.php and unpacked this to a local directory prefix=<php_with_maxdb> []

/ext:

cp –r /home/anna/tmp/ext/maxdb /home/anna/php-5.0.0/ext

4. Go to the directory where you unpacked the PHP source code.

cd /home/anna/php-5.0.0

5. Create the new scripts for compiling the source code.

./buildconf –force

6. With the help of the necessary options, specify that the programs and libraries used jointly by the MaxDB database instances and applications are stored in the directory /opt/sdb/programs, that PHP with MaxDB extension is to be installed in the directory /usr and that the software is to be created both without CGI and without LIBXML support:

./configure --with-maxdb=/opt/sdb/programs --prefix=/usr --disable-cgi –-disable-libxml

7. Create and install the PHP software with MaxDB extension:

make install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as far as I know, the content server installation does not import the maxd but the sap db (7.4). After the installation, you have to do a db upgrade (which is quite easy).

Kind regards,

Carl

vladimir_golovtchiner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have a Windows installation I would prefer to install it together because of my expiarence with a troubleshootig after the separate installation.

If you install MAXDB separately you will probbly have some problems with connectivity from CS to DB

regards

vladimir