cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have been told to create a storage location with the same number and description for two different plants. Can the same storage location exist in two different plants.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srikkanth

Yes certainly you can have the same storage location number in different plants.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Great to hear from you. Can you pls tell me whether the below is correct.

Whether the storage location is created for finished goods and exist in one plant 1000 and finished goods is moved from the second plant 2000 to this storage location belonging to plant 1000.

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srikkanth

If I understood your requirement correctly, you wanted to know whether finished goods from storage location A of plant 1000 be transferred to storage location A of plant B. If so, yes you can, provided you made necessary settings in SAP (interplant transfer).

If you want to transfer from one plant to another plant through MM route, the same can be done through 351 movement type and if you want to follow SD route, then both the plants should be created as a customer and normal sales process takes place.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi guys,

>

> I have been told to create a storage location with the same number and description for two different plants. Can the same storage location exist in two different plants.

>

> Regards.

Hi Sri,

your apprehension is correct generally one storage location will exist only for one plant for obvious reasons.

But in a rare case where two different plants are located in close proximity geographically as in they are quite close to each other physically and store same type of goods, you can have same storage location attached to two different plants(it is permitted by SAP)

Just try to confirm from your business if those two plants are close to each other.

Just let me know as well if it turns out to be any other reason

Reward if Helpful

-Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikkanth k

I think I have understand ur req.

Like for eg.

We have two plnt

1000 & 2000

U have finish goods storge loc. named fg10 .

Like in business process. companies maintain only one name i.e fg10 for finish goods for each plant likewise u also can define the same in Sap.

Bcoz we define storage loc under plant.

I think ur problem will get solution.

hope this will help u.

regards

nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Still Iam not clear. As i know, Storage location is a place where material is stored and how can the same storage location exist in both the plants.

OR whether the storage location is created for finished goods and exist in one plant 1000 and finished goods is moved from the second plant 2000 to this storage location belonging to plant 1000.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> Still I am not clear. As i know, Storage location is a place where material is stored and how can the same storage location exist in both the plants.

>

> OR whether the storage location is created for finished goods and exist in one plant 1000 and finished goods is moved from the second plant 2000 to this storage location belonging to plant 1000.

>

> Regards

Hi Sri,

I understand what you are trying to say.

I will take a day to day example every Hotel has to have a kitchen and one kitchen can not be attached to more than one hotel generally.

Now suppose hotel1 is plot no1 and hotel2 is plot2 which are adjacent to each other.

And coincidentally they both serve chinese food so the same kitchen can cook for both the hotels....

so we can attach the same kitchen for both the hotels...

In the same way think of plant as hotel and sloc as kitchen...

the plants may not be as close to each other as hotels but for all practical purposes when delivery has to be done from plant one the issue will be done from that sloc in the truck....

Hope it clarifies to some extent

Reward if helpful

-Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes , you can have different plant with same storage locations.

Storage locations comes under plant