cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutomizing Standard WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to customize Standard WD application(like hiding fields,adding fields....)

I found out a BADI for this..Am i correct ?

For BSP there is a configuration table which does hiding/adding fields in a std screen.

Shall i follow the same approach in WD ? Is is possible to control the screen fields from configuration.(as like in BSP)

Thanks and regards,

Jothi.P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Aaron,

Could you tell me what authorization I need, to see "Test->Run in Administrator mode"? What I have is just a "Test" command...

Thanks,

Ihar

aaron_morden2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure what authorization you need.

Try double clicking your "Web Dynpro Application", then hit SHIFT+F8.

F8 = Execute

Shift+F8 = Execute in Administration Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was going through this thread when I was looking for some details on customizing the ESS Travel and Expenses iViews which are now in web dynpro for ABAP.

I would explain my scenario in bit detail as people of this forum may not be knowing the ESS.

I have a WDA view which has nearly 10 input fields and this view appears for all the expense types selected. But I should be able to limit the fields appear depending upon the expense type selected from a drop down.

I tried looking for BADI's but was not able to find one. By following the procedure given in this thread I am able to hide the fields permanently for all expense types which does not work for my case.

Please let me know if there is way to customize the SAP provided WDA applications by creating Z version or by any other means to solve my problem.

Thanks in advance, Venkat

aaron_morden2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat,

From the IMG:

Financial Accounting --> Travel Management --> Travel Expenses --> Dialog and Travel Expenses Control --> Dialog Control --> Field Control for Additional Receipt Information

Anything that you cannot customize through the IMG or Administration Mode, will have to be done through Enhancements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron

Thanks for you reply and it worked. This was the one I was looking for. I really appreciate for your immediate reply and solution.

I am a Java guy and to my surprise the T&E of ESS is now WDA, though the concept of webdynpro is similar, enhancements of WDA should be quite different from WDJ as it is all ABAP. It would be great if you pass me on some documents or links that would have sample solutions for WDA enhancements.

Thank you very much

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I came across a blog which gives a initial knowledge on customizing the web dynpro ABAP applications.

Here are the links

/people/mohammed.anzys/blog/2007/07/11/webdynpro-abap-enhancement-techniques-creating-postpre-exit

/people/mohammed.anzys/blog/2007/07/16/webdynpro-abap-enhancement-techniques-enhancing-a-class

Thanks, Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use [personalization and configuration|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/22/719f42f2ff7e5fe10000000a155106/frameset.htm].

See also [end user personalization|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/98ce61f37d19ace10000000a11466f/content.htm]

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to hide certain fields in a standrd Application (HRRCF_*) for all the Users.

I know its possible by enhancing the WD by using enhancement Spots.

My concern is, whthere Hiding of Standrd Fields possible by +Configuration+ alone.

Thanks and regards,

Jothi.P

aaron_morden2
Contributor
0 Kudos

1) From SE80, double click the Web Dynpro "Application".

2) From the "Web Dynpro Application" Menu, select Test-->Execute in Administration Mode.

3) Navigate to the screen you want to customize and right click selecting "Settings for Current Configuration".

4) From here you can change the properties of the different fields.