cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webdynpro call another web page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

can my webdynpro call another web page? I need that the webdynpro call a pop-up to another web page and when this page is closed a variable returns to webdynpro to process.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that using IFrame I can integrate a external web. Can I using this get the parameters from my external web to webdynpro?

thanks

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Using IFrames you can display the webpage, but it allows no communication with the parent window and the reverse is also not possible.

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use SP14

thanks,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've found a popup tutorial to webpage and work's fine ... only the first side of my aplicaton.

I can open a separate web page using:

wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createExternalWindow("http://www.google.de","Google - Search for an email address",true).open();

in this class, the "createExternalWindow" method have a boolean parameter to indicate if the window is modal or not ....

I asign this page on a modal=true but I cannot receive from my webdynpro possible events or variables.

sniffff.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

"I asign this page on a modal=true but I cannot receive from my webdynpro possible events or variables."

Can you please tell me which SP are you using. Because till SP11 method functionality wasn't implemented. i.e irrespective of whether we set this parameter to true or false, it always opened a non-modal window.

And whether it is modal or non-modal window, you cannot return any data from the webpage since you have no control over the opened application or window.

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

If your requirement is to call an external webpage (not a webdynpro application), then I don't think this functionality is possible. This is because we can open external webpages in external windows(non modal) only. And these windows have no relation with the parent webdynpro window. We cannot refernce the WD window from the external window, nor can we pass any data to it. So there is no means to capture the window closing event of the exernal window and hence we cannot pass a variable back to the webdynpro application.

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

Check this article on inter application navigation,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/91b6ad90-0201-0010-efa3-962...

Also check this thread,

cheers

Sameer