cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can XI handle 'delta' concept?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am exploring XI capability.

I need to know whether XI can provide an audit trail of changes in data from the previous load?

Giang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Truong:

Yes, This is possible in XI.

Once messages passed XI integration Server, the messages persisted in application server, and you can display them based on filter.

If you implemented tool called "Trex", you can display the message based on Payload:

Saying I would like to know all the messages for WorkOrder = "00001689" in past week:

You can display them, when it was created (if fill in the time frame)

when it was updated (if fill in the time frame)

Regards.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

It seems in your example, data is extracted from R/3 which already support Delta (there's a change tracking mechanism in R/3).

What if I load data from text files?

Can XI show me what changes from the previous data?

Giang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giang,

As I have mentioned in my previous post....this kind of audit trail..as validation with previous data is not possible with XI.

If you are using the R/3 with proxy or RFC then that would be synchornous scenario. And in R/3 you could handle this kind of validation.

Even with JDBC adapter you could use stored procedure to include this kind of logic. With file adapter its not possible.

Probably you could use DB Lookups to maintain the previous data and then Validate...This could be possible in XI.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI is not designed like BI / BW, there is no automatic delta management mechanism.

But everything can be traced from persisted message, even you load from Text file, just additional effort needed to get them based on the requirment.

Liang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether I have understood your question or not. So if you can elaborate your question bit more it will be easy for us to answer/

Let me try, The middleware doesnot support the exchange of the audit trail of changes in data from the previous load. The concept is that Once you Identify the data load that to be processed then you can update the audit log with the changes, and at that point of time data goes to R/3.

Refer

/people/michael.eacrett/blog/2006/06/07/whats-new-in-sap-netweaver-702004s--an-introduction-to-the-functionality-deltas-and-major-changes

Thanks

Swarup