cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Mobile Engine with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Java Trial Version ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I would like to know if I can use the SAP Mobile Engine on the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Java Trial Version that you can download form SDN or in other words if I can configure a test system with the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP SP12 and SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Java Trial Version ?

I figure out that I can Develop some BAPI Wrappers on the ABAP Trial Stack but I can't enter on the SAP Mobile Engine in the JAVA stack, so is there any way ?

Thanks.

Matias.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

I guess you would like to know if you can use Mobile Infrastructure in the Netweaver Trial version?

So you have no access to any SAP system but would like to play around with it?

Well, as far as I know the test version is really stripped down. So first check if the transactions in the middleware are available (MEREP_MON, MEREP_PD, MEREP_SBUILDER) and then go through the setup guide.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver, thanks for anwering me

I reply you question in the other Answer that I received, you can see my answer in order to help me! ... thanks!!

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

MI 7.0 does not make use of Java Stack for Synchronization where as Mobile Engine 2.1 uses only Java Stack for synchronization. This is one reason that you can use this combination and even if MI 7.0 had a Java Stack it wouldnt work since the architecture of ME 2.1 and MI 7.0 are different.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar, first of all thanks for your help

So I have all of these this Trx. on my Netweaver Middleware which is a Trial Abap Version: (MEREP_MON, MEREP_PD, MEREP_SBUILDER) .... And I followed some Tutorial and did some BAPI WRAPPERS, so you are telling me that I don't Need any JAVA STACK?, at least just to test?, Becasue I need to syncronize the PDA with the ABAP Trial server which is my Middleware also, ?? I have to Develop a Webdynpor for JAVA Applicaction in order to use an applicaction on my PDA (I would like to work OFFLINE applicactions, so that way How I can Upload the webdynpor App. to the PDA and Sync them ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

JAVA stack is unfortunately necessary to assign apps to the MI and to do some admin tasks. Sync itself s now working in the ABAP stack - but you need a working device to be able to sync.

In your case: go through the setup guide and you should be able to setup MI -usually there is nothing really special. Just give it a try -but without knowledge of MI it is hard to enter the correct informaitons in alltables in R/3 - it is easier to do that while using the ADMIN UI - and this is unfortunately running in the J2EE env.

Regards,

Oliver