cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Service Repository and Defining Non Java Web services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking at possible option of using Enterprise Service Repository for defining webservices developed outside of SAP or Netweaver. The objective is to make Enterprise Service Repository the central place for keeping inventory of webservices in the organization. Most of the webservices in the organization are developed by non-netweaver technologies. Based on my knowledge, the answer to my question is Yes. But has any one tried to use the enterprise repository for Non-netweaver webservices?. All documents in SDN and help files talk about netweaver developer studio. But we would like to confirm that ESR can be used by other .Net based webservices as well.

Regards,

Arul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

Fine, that you define any service definition in ESR. But you have to follow the governance rules( Interface Patterns and Communication Patterns, GDTs) which might not be required by your simple web service.

Once you have defined, currently the option of making proxies to provide implementation is only in ABAP or JAVA.

How will you implementation in .Net?

And ESR is only to define/design Enterprise Services. Actual required things come up after implementing and publishing it in Service Registry.

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

we use .Net as the development platform for developing webservices. As you are aware, ES is only for defining the services and the implementation comes later. So My question is : Can we use outside - in approach to define enterprise services and still develop/implement the service using .Net instead of Java / ABAP. Service repository can not be really enterprise service repository unless it can be used in all the scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

ESR is not much related to any technology. It is for defining Services with Business Semantics. As it would create some WSDL based on service interface, this might help you in creating your implementation in .Net.

SAP's ESOA architecture revolves around providing service for SAP ERP,SCM, CRM etc.

.Net is still not mature in Netweaver stack as ABAP and JAVA are.

Currently, SAP has some governance mechanism for defining as well as implementing ES.

And it is clearly mentioned, that one can use either JAVA and ABAP to implement the services.

Piyush