Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save SE37 test sequence in the test data directory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Is it possible (and how to proceed) to save test sequence in the test data directory using SE37?

For single FM test all is ok - test is saved with all specified parameters, but cannot do the same for test sequence.

Regards,

Maxim.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use CATT for this purpose.

Cheers.

Sanjay

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim,

I would assume that we can create test cases for each FM that's used in the sequence and create the test sequence with the same name. Anyway, if you find the solution, please post it here for us.

Thanks,

Chaps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried test data is getting created for only one FM, if we specify three FM also.

0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

The test sequence is to chain the testing of function modules and not necessarily to test them. Think about it!

Chaps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use CATT for this purpose.

Cheers.

Sanjay

0 Kudos

Thanks for replies, but:

- actually can't proceed with a sequence of independent FM tests - requirement is to test BAPI functionality (and also check objects created), so need to call application BAPI and BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT afterwards.

- CATT is also not applicable because target SAP system has status 'not modifiable'. But as 'no other way' variant it is possible to provide other 'modifiable' system with corresponding test data - helpful answer Sanjay.

- 2Srinivas - this question arise exactly after trying to proceed as you've described. Problem is that test sequence is saved, but without any parameters (lots of parameters) specified.

- still wonder why can't save test sequences (with parameters have to say).

Regards,

Maxim.

0 Kudos

Maxim, please see my previous answer. That is exactly what I did. I used BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE and BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT in a sequence.

You have to test it once before you can save it unlike single test. Once you save it, you can always recall it. Everytime you execute the sequence, it will ask you for saving the new set. You can cancel out or save. If you save a new sequence will be saved.

Are you not able to do what I posted in my previous response?

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Ok, I missed one step here. Yes you can save the sequence only without the data by following the previous steps. But when you bring up the sequence for testing, you have to pull up individual single test values from the test directory when prompted to enter values for each FM of your sequence. So, to extend my previous answer, I go in and pull up my previously stored sequence for testing. First I get BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE test interface. Here I click on 'test data directory' to pull in previously stored values for this FM. I execute and proceed to BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT. Here I don't need to bring in any values from test data directory. I simply execute.

Hope this helps,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Srinavas,what do you mean by 'bring up the sequence for testing'? As I understand saved test sequence is only template for which actual test data should be provided from test directory during testing. So how to invoke saved test sequence, so further it would be possible to populate parameters for separate FM's through test directory as you've described?

Regards,

Maxim.

0 Kudos

Got it. Solved problem, Srinavas. Thanks!

Regards,

Maxim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to do that. In SE37 initial screen, you enter the first function module name of the sequence. Then in the menu, 'Function Module>Test>Test Sequences'. In the subsequent pop-up, you have to all your function modules of your sequence in that order, including your first one again.

Then you execute. It will take you through your first FM execution, and then results. Once you back out from the results of the first one, it will take you to the execution of the second one, so on and so forth. Once all of the function modules are executed and when you back out, it will ask you to enter some comments and press save. A sequence number will be auto generated with your comments on it. Next time, you will go directly to that sequence and can start executing.

Srinivas