cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify a .war file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Everyone

I have to add some files after a I do any intallation. I would like to add them only on the MAM25.war file.

Can anyone tell me if I can modify a .war file ?

I did try to add some files but they go to the main folder and I need them on different ones.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xiomara,

well, open Eclipse and import the MAM file for Eclipse from the MAM CD you downloaded form service marketplace. In there you can then add any files you want and change them if you like. Then compile the WAR file and this is it. Make sure you have the latest MDK deployed in Eclipse as well to be able to generate WAR files for MI.

After these steps use the new created WAR file, upload it to NWA or Webconsole (whatever you are using) and then use it for the next deployment. Make sure - cause you are using PDA - to precompile JSPs as you create the WAR file.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dint get your question completely but based on my understanding let me suggest few:

1. First case is if you have already installed MAM25 on to a device(laptop/PDA) and later you want to add some files to the MAM25 application, then you can build your new war file in your NWDS and then stop the MI client and go to webapps folder in your MI installation and delete the complete MAM25 folder and copy your new MAM25.war file and then restart your MI client.

OR

Stop your MI client and then go to the respective folder in MAM25 inside webapps and then copy your additional files or you can even replace your old files and then restart your MI client.

In both the above cases, if you are using normal JSP's instead of precompiled ones then you have to delete all the entries in the "work" folder of your MI installation.

2. If your only problem is to add new files into the MAM25.war file inside a particular folder, you can open the MAM25.war with WIN RAR which is very much possible and go to the respective folder and click on Add files in WIN RAR.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Siva.