Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT- IDoc Packaging - Que- Michal blog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was following Micahl's blog - for idoc packaging -

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/12/02/xipi-sender-idoc-adapter-packaging

But there is another blog, which also by Michal.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change ,

which is also mentioned in OSS note: Note 814393 - Multiple IDoc instances in an XI message.

Do I need to do both of them to achieve the Idoc Packaging.

I also noticed that in the first blog, it is about pushing Idocs out of R/3 system and in the second blog it is the other way round.

Can any one please clarify.

reg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen:

The first blog mention the method of sending IDOCs from R3 system to XI system whether the IDOCs have to be sent in packages are single IDOCs when they are trigged from R3. In this process, if the R3 system sends the IDOCs as packges to XI then internally XI splits them to single IDOCs again and processes them.

The second blog is about IDOC packaging at XI. So it does not care about how R3 System send IDOCs to XI. But as per the Business requirement you are collecting the IDOCs that come to XI and packaging them.

So for your scenario, you must implement as Blog 2 mentioned. You may/may not implement blog 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Coming to the sxmb_moni part of the messages that we see on XI,

with the first blog, how does sxmb_moni screen looks like - R3 system, XI. On XI it should not make any diff as XI is still splitting the packages.

With the 2nd blog, XI would show single message for each package, but with more instances of the Idoc payload. (As shown in the first blog - look at the 2nd pic). Which means that you saving the queues but the payload size is more here in this case.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

reg

Former Member
0 Kudos
with the first blog, how does sxmb_moni screen looks like - R3 system, XI. On XI it should not make any diff as XI is still splitting the packages.

Yes you are right...On R3 system, if packaging is done, then you will find all IDOCs as single message. As you said on XI it will not make any difference.

With the 2nd blog, XI would show single message for each package, but with more instances of the Idoc payload. (As shown in the first blog - look at the 2nd pic). Which means that you saving the queues but the payload size is more here in this case.

Yes..It show single message with more instance of IDOCs. You are right about saving the queues and payload size is also more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

Once again, thank you.

One more question, we have a scenario, where vendor master data comes from R3 - XI - Third Party system.

What I am trying to achieve reduce the no of queues on XI, I am also worried as the message size would increase in this case and XI would be choked.

say, I am using both the blogs, package size on R3 as 50 and on XI, where should I put the package size? In the second blog, this point is not mentioned.

reg

Former Member
0 Kudos
say, I am using both the blogs, package size on R3 as 50 and on XI, where should I put the package size? In the second blog, this point is not mentioned.

Naveen:

If you see the second blog, Mike mentions two approaches to limit the number of IDOCs to be packaged. One is using the BPM using Block step, send step etc.. to send IDOCs as packages. The other easy method he mentions is Changing the occurrences ( maxoccurences) of the XSD of the IDOC to N number. I think you can do this and change the occurrences to number you want. I guess it should work fine,