cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cart status still showing as Awaiting approval even after its rejection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. We have basic 2 level standard workflow activated in our test system.

when we create a cart with 1 level approval and its been rejected by approver.

However, even after rejection of cart, the requestor seeing that cart status as "Awaiting approval.".

Should it be in "In your inbox" status. ???

Where as i see reject messages in Requestor inbox.

I have gone thru couple of sap notes on this..but couldn't get the correct one..

We are on SRM 50 (server 55) and patch level 11.

Appreciate your inputs, if anybody has got the same issue.

1. Another question, whats the diff between "In your inbox" and "Reject" status.

i mean,when exactly these 2 status gets updated.. is it like,once after cart rejected, the status is as "in your inbox"

and once the requestor accesses this shopping cart for Reject comments and save it, it will update the status as "reject"..

Guess, i am missing some thing here.. Appreciate any clarifications on this..

Thanks

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha/Sudhakar,

Thanks for your helpful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

1. When the approver rejects the SC the check status (header)would be 'In your Inbox' where as the status in Monitor SC would be 'Awaiting approval'. Also in the check status the line item status would be 'Rejected'.

2. When the SC is rejected it comes back to the requestor and the status would be 'In your inbox'. After that the requestor can do the following.

Order again - Status would be 'Awaiting approval'

Delete - Status would be 'Deleted'

Accept changes - Status would be 'Rejected'. ( This is applicable in case of line item approval)

Again these depends on the Workflow template used.

Regards

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Thanks for your reply. i applied one note 790027, after that, when i reject my cart, i am able to see my cart in

"in your inbox" status. and my item is showing up as "rejected"...

So when i checked details, i can see the "change" button and when i continute further ,without chaning any info in cart,

in step 3: i see, "order again" , "check" and "delete cart" buttons..

here is my question. in case if i don't want to resubmit (order again) the cart, and i want to accept the rejection, how do i do that? which means, i want my cart status to be seen as "rejected" at Header level too..

i believe i should get "accept" button, somewhere here in this screen..then probably if i click on this "Accept" ,then my cart would turn into "rejected" status from "In your inbox"... Let me know if i am wrong..

If this is correct, then probably i need to find out the reason for Missing "accept" button..

any sap notes/ inputs on this..

Thanks for the inputs..

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right.There should be a button "ACCEPT CHANGES" button in the requesters inbox.

Seems like there is a bug!!!See the foll notes :

Note 899943 'Accept changes' after rejection

Note 955863 Button "Accept changes" for approver

Note 846334 BAdI workflows: Problems with 'Accept changes'

Note 882570 The "accept" button on the "Exceptions" screen is not active

Note 853780 Incorrect shopping cart design on accepting the changes

Note 845989 Item approval: Accepting changes incorrect

Note 826637 Item approval: Rejection results in problems

Note 785155 'Accept changes' and all items rejected

Note 781289 Item approval: After accepting changes: empty WI

BR,

Disha.

P.S. Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See these related threads for pointers:

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thanks for your reply. i checked your posts and the seem to be not relevant for my issue.

Let me put it in other way, i created a cart and my approver rejected it. So I (requestor) , gets the msg in approval in box saying cart was rejected. In Check status, when i chekced this cart, on cart header level its still showing up as "awaiting approval",where as at detail level, the cart shows as "Rejected" status. i have only one line item in the cart.

so you got my issue.

and then when i checked my rejected cart details, under approval preview,its showing up as rejected..

btw, my wf security setting was set to Medium.(WF restarted conditionally when changes were made)..

i have gone thru couple of sap notes,but couldn't get the right one..

Appreciate your inputs..

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the workflow log.

1. BBP_PD - open the Shopping Cart and find workitem ID

2. SWI1 - paste the workitem ID and check the workflow log

Regards,

Masa