cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIR link to Sales Order Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

How can I link a DIR or a document to a sales order item? In the sales order header level, there is a place to link a DIR or General object service to attach a document.

Thanks,

Yong Kim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yong.,

there is object in DMS

VBAP : Sales document item.

also check the note

82662 - EDI ORDERS: no object link in the sales order

regards,

nitin

award point if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nitin,

Thank you for your reply. As I mentioned in my previous message, I don't have a problem to link DIRs on the Sales Order Header level. My question was hwo to link DIRs on the Sales Order Item level (10, 20, 30,.......).

Thanks,

Yong Kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI YONG

go to sales order (Va01/02....)..

on the top there is a button extras. click on that, you will find document. Once you click on the document, you can enter DIR.

This is the way to link sales order to dir.

Regards,

nitin

Award point if useful

Edited by: nitin bhagat on Apr 3, 2008 1:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nitin,

I don't think you understand my question. I mentioned I didn't have a problem to enter(link) DIR on the header level that you mentioned in hte menu of Extra. Even I can link any documents in General Object Services. Once again my question is how I can link a DIR on Sales order Item level? On VA01/VA02, you see the item 10, 20, ....40. My requirement is to link a DIR to each indivial sale order line item level. Do I need BAPI or modification?

Thanks,

Yong Kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI..,

Do I need BAPI or modification?

yes if your requirement is that, then I think you need (development) BAPI.

nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you select the item and then go to the menu Extra/Document then you will see the DIR link to the item and then you can modify it.

The link are store in table DRAD , after making your test, look inside . I made a test on an order with 3 item, i add document on 2 of the 3 and that works fine.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertrand,

Thank you for your reply and comments. Can you please share the source that you have tested?

Thanks and regards,

Yong Kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my system only DIR type DRW can be link to VBAP .

I open a Sales order in modification, select an item inside, then go to Extra/Document. I'll got a screen with the link ( look at the title of the popup, it should be 'Sales Document Item' ) . There i set a DRW DIR and save .

After i go to table DRAD and look at the record for my DRW DIR and i found one for the sales order i just changed.

Regards.