Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Planning Function on Hierarchy Node and Applying at Children

I need some help. I have a situation where I am extracting the cost center hierarchy from ECC and I get postable cost centers and cost center groups coming over. Planning for dollars is at the postable cost centers but the requirement for rates is to put them at a higher pyramid cost center. The cost center hierarchy is about 12 deep. I have created a ZPYRAMID to capture the cost center group so that a user can plan against that and created a second hierarchy with external characteristics to mimic the text node hierarchy. Now I need to create a function to read the hierarchy and post the right plan value.

Rates Entered At:

User Enters FTE at:

Function Must Post to

1) Is there a user exit that will allow me to read the child cost center, and look for the 1st pyramid node that has a rate and apply?

2) I have heard about converting the nodes to attributes but I am not sure how that works. Should I convert the nodes into attributes on cost center and go that route? If I do that, do I need 12 attributes? How do I populate the attributes from the hierarchy automatically? Then which object do they plan the rates against because they still plan at higher than a posting level. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question