cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the Billing Date Set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone tell me how the billing date is being set? Is there a way to control what date is defaulted in the order. I see that now the billing date is defaulted as the Requested delivery date, but would like it to be set as system date. Is there a way to control this in config?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

If invoice dates are defined for the customer, the system proposes the billing date from the invoice date calendar. If no invoice dates are agreed, then the actual goods issue date is formed on the basis of delivery related billing. In order related billing, the billing date of the order forms the basis of the billing date.

If you are billing services, the system proposes the date of services rendered. You can change the date manually in the sales document.

If you are using a billing plan to bill a project, the system can propose billing dates for the billing plan on the basis of planned or actual dates in the corresponding milestone.

In a billing plan for a maintenance or rental contract, you can specify rules by which the system determines billing dates on the basis of other dates in the contract.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alan

Two options are there.

1) Go to VTFL, select the item category and maintain routine 011 for Data VBRK/VBRP

2) Apply USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZC)

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alan

Check the following things

1) In sales doc type OR check LEAD TIME IN DAYS , if LEAD TIME IN DAYS is maintained , make it blank (zero)

2) In the shipping point check weather PICK TIME and PACK TIME are maintained or not, if they are maintained , make PICK TIME and PACK TIME feilds blank. i.e., make them zero.

3) for the material , go to that particual MMR and check the RLT feild is maintained or not in sales gen/ plant view

4) For the material , check weather any Inhouse production , is maintained in MMR or not in MRP1 view

if you make zero all these things the delivery date will be the sales order creation date.

In Quality / Test server environment, subject to availability of stock, you can create the delivery in future date i.e next day or the date confirmed in schedule line. Ensure to maintain the actual delivery date in the Delivery transaction as todays date in manual entry & some warning massages will come, which can be ignored. System allows Delivery in future date, id stock is available & invoice will be in current date, hence it is recommended to maintain actual delivery date as current date.

Reward if it is useful

Regards

Srinath