cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I map an import xsd object to xmlString?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In XI, I need to map a nested message type that I imported from xsd to an xmlString and then call a web service. So the source will be like:

organization

name

address

street

city

zip

The output should be an xmlString. This seems to be a common data mapping practice but I cannot find ways/functions to get it done in XI. I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

Linda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

Check this michals weblog and a thread...

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/01/xi-xml-node-into-a-string-with-graphical-mapping

Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Thanks for the info. I implemented the xslt solution. but with a different statement in xsl sheet. Maybe I do not under this CDATA concept. But we used a simple statement like this and it is working:

<xsl:template match="organization"> <xmlBusiness>

<xsl:copy-of select="."/> </xmlBusiness>

</xsl:template>

Thanks for the info

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Sorry that I had the wrong assumption that the issue was resolved. On a second thought, I think I do need the CDATA statement to make the xml string in my node a serialized data stream. So I did follow the instructions in the weblog. But now when I sent this data stream to SOAP adapter, it started complaining about certain characters. The exact message is:

SOAP: error occured: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

Does anyone have any idea what this means? What exactly is the adapter complaining about? My converted data stream is like:

<xmlBusiness>

<![CDATA[<name>xyz</name><street>1271 xyz</street>

]]>

</xmlBusiness>

Thanks a lot for the help