cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBP Bidding Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am creating the Bidding Engine functionality on my Dev EBP client without SUS. We are trying to achieve the following:

1) Auto Create Bid Invitation for a Particular Prod Cat.

2) Send out Bid Invitations by E-Mail.

3) Vendor submits Bid using EBP system. (Roles control view to Bid Invitation)

I am able to do the first 2 areas. The documentation on Bid Engine Reporting talsk about the neeed of BW.

When we try to create a Bid there is a pop up error referring to the user Data. 2 Questions:

1) Can the scaled down functionality be achieved without BW.

2) Any idea on the Error "Erroneous user data; contact system administrator"

Greetings

John C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am pretty sure that you can run the bidding engine without using BW. You would only need a BW if you want to have the reporting functionality of the bidding engine.

To your second question: It seems that the user is either not in the SRM org. structure or does not have the appropriate role (the bidder needs the role of the bidder).

Best regards,

Olaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olaf,

Do you know of any Manual which deals with config steps for Bidding Engine.

Greetings

John C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olaf,

I also see a hardcoded linl to an SAP site when I get into the "Process Bid" Menu in the web interrface, the link I get redirected to is:

https://pgebu-620-01-300.wdf.sap.corp:44307/scripts/wgate/bbpstart/!

Any help will be appreciated

Greetings

John C S

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am facing the same problem like you had while tryin to process the bid.."Erroneous user data: contact administrator"..

could you guide me to resolve this problem..

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

This is what I did to fix the problem. Go to the SRM web page and login, make sure that the user you are logging in with has got all admin rights.

Go to the area where you manager vendors / Business partners

Create a contact person / bidder for a particular vendor / Business Partner and provide this person with the roles like Purchaser (SAP_BBP_STAL_PURCHASER) and Bidder (SAP_BBP_STAL_BIDDER).

Now logout and go to SAPGUI and check in transaction PPOMA_BBP that this user you created has been included under the vendor root and has got the required priveleges, you could do a check here. Basically the user should have all all required entries in Extended Attributes.

You could also do a check from the transaction users_gen to make sure this user is fine.

***IMPORTANT****

Please edit the roles Purchaser SAP_BBP_STAL_PURCHASER & SAP_BBP_STAL_BIDDER in the roles transaction to make sure that the menu entries include Bid Related entries. I think the path is:

IMG --> Supplier Relationship Management --> SRM Server --> Cross-Application Basic Settings --> Roles --> Maintain Attribute Access Rights to Role

Then if you login as this new user, bidding should be fine, you can continue to tweak the roles for this user to add more functionality as required.

• Please Reward points if you find it useful. That motivates me to anwer more questions !!

Greetings

John C

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi John,

Thankz for your prompt reply..

i am actually replacing your position here at work and currently working on bidding engine and SUS ..so i think i will be disturbing you with a lot of questions..

Queries

I was actually not clear y the bidder was given a role of a purchaser and also bbp_purchaser_manager role bcoz i believe it is creating ambiguos workflows when the purchaser is accepting the bids ..

so could you walk me thru the workflows that you worked on and help me resolve it..

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I believe your question was how to get Bidding to show up. I answered that. As far as I know there is no workflows setup. Its a zero step workflow. You can change the bidder to any role you think fit as long as the all authorization objects are provided.

You can setup whatever workflows you deem fit. There is nothing to resolve. You can create users and give them whatever role you want.

John C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

I am also having similar issue.

I want to create user ID and pwd to a vendor who is also a bidder.

We are in SRM4.0 version. I did not see any field like contact person to create user ID.

I could only see Business partner, Location, Employee for business partner etc.

When I tried to creta eemployee or new bidder it says "Error reading roles (Not maintained/No Authorization)"

But I logged in with Admin user and also tried with Purchaser role. Understand from SAP doc we need to have SAP_EC_BBP_CREATEVENDOR role to ITS login.

What is this? Where should we assign this role.

Thanks

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

Web Transaction BBPMAININT (Process Vendor or Bidder), you will use to create Vendor or Bidder and their contact person. It is definitely there. Pls check all tabs.

Regarding Error reading roles (Not maintained/No Authorization)", Pls run /n SU53 in SAPGUI while in Web Transaction BBPMAININT when you get this error, capture the Authorization that you are missing, work with your Basis/Security person to get the missing Authorization, then try again.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

I can help you. Try this first from the Web Interface if not you can use the sap gui transaction. Check the roles you have and use the Role Manager to look at the Menu options setup for them, its possible that they are not setup right and the particular menu entry is not added. You could also create a composite roles (Z* name space) and then import other admin realted roles into that. That way you will not be changing the Standard Roles but jut the Z* role you created.

Transaction --> Manage Business Partner

Choose any vendor and then Create a bidder for that vendor

Transaction --> Manage Business Partner

Choose Business Partner and then Employee for Business Partner (Select the Bidder that you created as the employee here using the dropdown / search). Then edit.

Make sure the Employee is the contact person.

This should put in the right authorizations for the Bidder. Make sure that you have a Vendor root in your org (transaction --> ppoma_bbp ) and that this unit is defined right and has the right attributes. Also the the SAPGUI transaction "BP" should give you an idea on the setup. All parties involved in EBP are called Business Partner's including Vendors.

If this does not work let me know. Assign some points !!

Greetings

John C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Thanks for your suggestion.

Right now we are having vacation and could not test it till next week. Will let you know once I done this.

I am able to access the Business partner page but not able to create either Bidder, Vendor or contact person because of role authorization. Anyway I will check and let you know.

All SDN Guys "Wish you all Happy Christmas and Prosperous & succesful New Year".

Greetings

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagadish Hi.,

Did you ever figure out the reason & fix for "Error Reading roles (Not maintained/no authorization?)" .

I tried to replicate Vendor from ERP -to- EBP, via BBPGETVD. It would allow only if i select, "With out reference to backend purchasing org." & "If r/3 number assignment is not possible: internal number assignment" !!

Now when I try to "add employee" via "Manager Business Partner" - "Employee for Business Partner" it gives me --> "Error Reading roles (Not maintained/no authorization?)" .

Appreciate some insight..

rgds,

-Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

please try the role SAP_EC_BBP_PURCHASER. This one should have the bid invitation link.

Best regards,

Olaf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy John,

BW is not mandatory for the functionalities you use.

Concerning the Error "Erroneous user data; contact system administrator", it has to be linked to the bider user profile (check the user with BBP_CHECK_USERS), or the attributes maintained in the Org. Plan of the vendors.

For the "Hard coded link" I've never seen that: you'd better check table TWPURLSVR.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not seeing Bid invitations link in srm screen when loggen in with buyer role SAP_BBP_STAL_STRAT_PURCHASER or SAP_BBP_STAL_OPERAT_PURCHASER.

Exactly where can I find bidding link in SRM web application? What role should the user have to access bidding? Any config is required?

Thanks

Jagdish