Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template in DIR

jennifer_kramer2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi-

I am trying to configure having two templates (one Word and one EXCEL) appear in a new DIR.

But I can't even get one template to appear in the DIR when using the source file option (vs. the template DIR).

I have set up a new application type for Word (TRD) for this specific document type. In the "Define workstation application in network", I created an entry for:

workstation application = TRD,

workstation type = PC

application type = 2 (change)

Path for program = %AUTO%

Path for reference file = C:\SAPWORKDIR\

Then for the "Define templates for original files", I created an entry with the following settings:

Doc type = TRC

workstation app = TRD

Lang = EN

No = 1

Description = Template for Traffic Doc

Source file - Copy from = C:\SapWorkDir\CUSTOMS_CHECK_LIST.doc

What am I missing? Because when I create a new DIR of doc type TRC, I don't get my template file in the originals section.

Thanks for your assistance, in advance!

-J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer

The template is not copied across automatically (you can allocate more than one template to a doc type so how would it know which one to use for example). The template has to be selected by the user when they create the DIR, although I'm sure you could automate this with a user exit if this is your requirement.

To get access to a template original, you have to click on the create button in the originals area, then you will have two options (other than the fields), one is to create a new document, the other is to create from template. You need to select the application type (in case you have more than one application type template for that doc type) and then select the create from template option. It would then give you a list of templates available. In previous version of SAP the button may have been called something else like "create via copying" or something like that, but its the one directly to the right of the create button.

I have highlighted the button here:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3200/2383909790_7e7f9bbb66.jpg

Regards,

Athol

Edited by: Athol Hill on Apr 3, 2008 7:46 AM

Edited by: Athol Hill on Apr 3, 2008 7:49 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jennifer_kramer2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the help. In the end, the issue was that I should have only placed the filename in the source file field. But I think that the length of the file it was trying to generate was a problem too.

jennifer_kramer2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Athol-

Thanks for replying! You definately know what to do.

But now I am getting the following error:

File C:\DOCUME1\PPAKRA1\LOCALS~1\Temp\TRC-47F1A06A2FD cannot be created

Message no. 26172

Any ideas why?

Thanks again.

-J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a typical error you get in template. Just give the "file name for Original" and click on template icon that will allow you to create template.

BR,

Anirudh,

reward if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like its related to the length of the filepath and filename. Its limited to 144 characters. Try setting your default checkout directory to C:\temp or something like that.