cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do multimapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have a scenario wherein I have a message that is required to be converted to temp message using the Java Mapping and then map to a different message to call an RFC.

Is this possible?

A simplistic view of what i am tring to achieve

eg:Source Message

<EMP>

<Name1/>

<Name2/>

</EMP>

I am using java mapping to get the Temp Message

eg: Temp Message

<EMPLOYEE>

<FullName/>

</EMPLOYEE>

Map the temp message to RFC

eg: Target Message

<EMPLOYEE>

<FullName/>

<some additional message/>

-

-

</EMPLOYEE>

Regards

Unni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this kind of multi mapping is possible.

For Source message to Temp message ...you will be using one mapping and then in 2nd mapping will be the Temp message to Target Message.

As the structure of Source message ..temp message and Target message is specific and directly/indirectly three end points will be there in sequence as

Source message -

Mapping1----->..temp message -
Mapping2
-----> Target messag

Now I think you need to use BPM for this kind of contineaous mapping. or have to create two scenarios as in 1st source to temap message..and then Temp to Target message.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Swarup:

First we should be clear that this is not called mutli mapping, it can be called interface mapping with multiple mapping programs.

Secondly, I do not think BPM needed for this reason, this is just one interface mapping. Creating two scenarios is also unnecessary.

I have done with Java + Message Mapping, XLST + Messge Mapping etc.

Your comments are welcomed.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right ...but still its not clear..as per the requirment there is Temp Message has to be created in between...so even you can use Java + Message Mapping...in interface mapping you can give only Sender and target..how will be handling the Temp Message...either this Temp message also needs to be stored somewhere...

It can be interpreted as both way..either as you have said about combination of Mappings or the sequecne as I had mentioned in my post...

I think we should wait till these things will not be clear...and then we could have solid solution with either of the way

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swrup,

Sorry that i dint mention that there is only one target. I dont need to send the temp message. Temp message will be used to call RFC.

regards

Unni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Unni,

I saw the details you had sent...

You will be getting the source message and that you are passing to Temp message with Java Mapping...

i.e. mt_test to mt_temp_jdbc

now while mapping Target message you are adding additianl message mapping and calling it to RFC ..is it ... mt_temp_jdbc to RFC (ZXL00....)

Here the 2nd mapping will not be executed as the mt_temp_jdbc is not at all related with the Source Interface.

This kind of combination will work out...when you will directly pass some of the fields from source to Target via Java mapping and remaining fields to be mapped as Message Mapping between Source and Target messages..no need to temp message..

Try this kind of combination.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Looks like the second mapping is being executed. But i dont get the result.

More over I am not that clear, how different is it from what I am doing right now.

regards

Unni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Unni:

I just sent you suggestions, and please try it out...

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,,

If everything is executed successfully..the its time to surpirse as the data was not passed properly...can you plz.. check the trace details and as well as the data that was sent to R/3 for RFC import parameters...

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swarup:

I will guide Unni to get these two mapping program issue, and update you and the thread later

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok no prbs...plz..go ahead..But make sure to update ,,in forum also as other XI forum posters could refer the solution..

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Liang.

The below was my commmunication with Liang over email

1. DT / MT / MI_Src for your temp file - Remeber this

2. DT / MT / MI _tar for your target system.

3. Design your MM , test it

4. Import your jave achives

5. Create Interface Mapping - MI_Src --- MI_tar

6. Add your jave mapping as your firt mapping program

7. Add you MM as your second program.

Additionally I had a small issue with my Namespace in my java mapping

regards

Unni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Unni:

This is possible.

Since in Interface mapping, you can specify any number of mapping programs.

The output of prior mapping program is input of subsequent mapping program.

When you use your java mapping, you can use DOM / SAX to create tmp message structure.

Then the structure is source msg structure of your second mapping.

Anyway, this is not called Multi-Mapping, your message still is 1 in, 1 out, called 1:1.

Hope this clear your doubts.

Liang

Edited by: Liang Ji on Apr 2, 2008 8:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Liang,

could you please check your mail. I have send the screen shots and explanation of my steps. its not working for me.

regards

Unni