cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

couple of questions about printing barcodes and stylesheets

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a stylesheet that I am setting up that will be designated for printing labels. I want to keep this separate but universal for other projects.

I was unsure of how to get my barcode font to appear so I used Word to get me going. The Style below shows the font. This is the correct font that I want to use, but when I print out the label, I can't scan it. <b>How does the data have to be set up in order for this work?</b> I tried 12345678 and I tried 12345678. Each I can not get it to work.

.Barcode
{
	font-family:"BC C39 3 to 1 HD Wide";
	font-size:72.0pt;
	width : 200px;
	border-collapse: collapse; 
	border: 0px solid #000;
	vertical-align: middle;
	text-align: right;
}

Next question has to do with text wrapping. I have a read only input box that gets populated when a hidden grid is updated. Sometimes the data going populating this field is bigger than the set width, but the height is big enough so it could wrap the data. I tried text-wrap and other methods. It seems that wrapping text is not for input boxes. <b> Is there a way to wrap the text in an input box?

</b>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the scanner configured to read the type of bar code you are generating?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tested the same results printed from Excel and the scanner reads it fine. So yes the scanner is configured properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eliminate the barcode question. I have found the solution. My barcode was being truncated by the width size.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you considered a textarea (http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_textarea.asp) instead of an input?

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was looking at the textarea property, but I guess I was looking in the wrong place.

Thanks!!

Answers (0)