cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requirement type and requirement class

Former Member
0 Kudos

while configuring availabilty checks do we create requirement classes and requirement types. Or we take the sap standard?

please reply

Sk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus !

When i explode (ERLA) BOM on the order, One Item does not apear. can you suggest what could be the possible cause.

usage - 1 (production BOM)

am i missing something in configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for a sales order BOM, the usage should be 5. Please try again with usage as 5 - SD.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for replying sanjkar.

what are the most widely used requirement types??

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi swathi

Requirement class in availability check is globally used .

but if the client requirement is matching with SAP standards we dont create any new requirement class and requirement types

Most of the time the requirement type will be 041, in MTS

Availability check in MMR , -02, checking group - 10

Most of the time the requirement type will be KE, in MTO

Availability check in MMR , -02, checking group - 20

Let me know if you have any queries

Reward if useful

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all,

i have awarded points

i have one more question at this point, about back orders .

should i continue with this thread or create a new one. please can anyone tell me about backorders too?

s krishnan

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi swathi

Backorders come into picture during the following scenarios :

1) when any unconfirmed qty takes place in the sales order then back orders come into picture.

2) when the request delivery date is not met for that material

There are 2 types of backorder processing

1) Back order processing (V_RA)

2) Rescheduling (V_V2)

Back order processing - here you do the process manually with reference to confirmation

Rescheduling - Here back orders take place on the basis of the delivery priority of the customer, like by using delivery priority , automatic Rescheduling will be done and genereally this is done in as a batch jobs.

In back orders you can allocate the quantity to a particular customer that has been confirmed to the other customer by changing his commited qty. This is the ATP qty.

Example of distributing ATP quantity in back order processing :

140 pieces have been confirmed already for sales orders 100, 101 and 102 in the unrestricted use stock. A backorder of 5 pieces exists for sales order 104. Only 15 of the original order quantity of 20 pieces could be confirmed so the cumulative ATP quantity stands at 5.

The backordered quantity of 5 pieces can be fulfilled from the (in this case identical) ATP quantity. You do this by entering 20 pieces to replace the original 15 in the Committed field and choosing Copy. The cumulative ATP quantity is now used up and stands at zero. Sales order 104 is fully confirmed.

Reward if useful

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srinath YOU ROCK !

i have 2 or 3 different questions at this point

1) back ordering (rescheduling) is mostly done in batch jobs, right? not the regular back order processing ??

Actually i have so many questions. Because at work here in Production system and Stage i have run those Tcodes, they run but there is no help.

i want to know the concept first and then the steps to run. how do we reschedule , both the procedures

Can i expect some help from you Srinath. i will appreciate that. Please dont ignore if i ask some extra questions :).

Sk

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi swathi

sure , just give ur yahoo id

You say , I ROCK thanks swathi for the compliments, but giving this appreciation is different and if people like you reward points for us , we get motivated even you also swathi, but one thing swathi this forum is there to motivate the people by rewarding points , but points should be rewarded only if the person is satisfied for his problem he raised

Regards

Srianth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends up on client requirement.

If the client requirement is matching in Standards then u can use the standards itself.

Other wise u can create customised requirement type and class as per client requirement. But dont change standards if client is asking that is not there in standards. Please create new one

Regards

Sankar