cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC error during remote client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

we are doing a remote client copy from our production server to our development server with transaction SCC9. Our operating System is Unix Tru64.

The client copy went well except one table that has not been copied. The name of the table is COEP. I already did a Client Copy Error Correction but I get the same error:

RFC error. System: Production Table: COEP RC: 10

Time limit exceeded.

ERROR: Internal error when inserting in table: COEP

The table size is about 6 GB.

Any ideas how to fix the error?

Thanks

Anne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

we have the same problem. Did anybody found a solution? We set the parameter "max_wpruntime" in prd and dev and we set the copy option "smallblocks". Both did not help.

Thanks for Help

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why can't you follow the database specific system refresh? if possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your fast answer. We tried a normal remote client copy via SCC9. What do you meen with "database specific system refresh"?

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats your database? ie oracle, Sql server, maxdb, db2 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our SAP-System is connected with an Oracle RAC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mean you are using Oracle database, you can use the last successful backup of your prod system and can be restored to your test system. Follow the backup / restore procedure from

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your hint. But for copy we use the Profile SAP_APPL because we don't want to copy the User-Data. So when we restore the last backup of our prod-system, we will copy the user data too.

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP_ALL will copy all Client-Specific Data w/o Change Documents. Looks like you are selecting wrong client copy profile.

The system copy is to make exact copy of your Prod DB to test db.

0 Kudos

As you don't have any restrictions to make a "refresh" of your production system I stongly recommend to make a copy as a restore of the last backup of your prod-system, then you can make make a clien copy without User Data or with the profile that you need.

revathimp
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The table size is too large.. client copy will take long time...

You can exclude this table from client copy, and then manually transport the content of this table manually.

see note 70290

if helpful, reward points.

Regards,

Revathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need change instance parameter in PRD such as "rdisp/rfc_max_wait_time" or other parameters. Thanks.