cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send 0-bit confirmation file after the original file upload finished

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using Receiver FTP adapter (FTPS, FTP over SSL) to send/upload a Idoc file to external partner FTP server.

Along with the IDOC file to be uploaded, and as soon as the IDOC file upload is finished, we will need to upload a 0-bit "confirmation file", thus indicating that the (main) file upload has finished.

For example, if the IDOC file is named example.idoc

the confirmation file has to be named example.idoc.cnf

We are thinking to use "Run Operating System Command After Message Processing". Can someone give us more information if we can use this? if so what would be the command line??

Thx

N@v!n

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure if there is a command for this..

But what would definetely work:

use interface determination with 2 target interfaces. One normal, 2nd one for this flagfile. Map source message to this second one so it will create just a root tag, so no data will be written in the target file, Create new file adapter for this "flagfile" and also create another receiver agreement. COmplete the scenario. It will satisfy your requirement.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for quick reply. Well we dont have any mapping or any kind of Integration Repository objects, bec its just a pass thorough scenario, where XI picks up IDOC file from the local NFS server and trying to deliver it external party FTP server using receiver FTP adapter with FTPS. So truly I dont know how your suggestion works in my case, and more over we need to create 0-bit confimration file after the original file upload finished.

Thx,

N@v!n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok - to this solution: if you want to use (it would be possible), you must create repository objects for this (flagfile) and also directory objects.

but other solutions:

a, you can create a script in target system and call this script from the adapter (which would create a file)

b, I'm not sure if there is a command for creating a file, but there is defe=inetely one for copying it. So what about storing some ampty file in location /template/ for example and call cp command from the adapter? and you would place this copy to required location

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I think script to create an empty file, and execute the script from the commanda line option of Run Operating System Command After Message Processing might work. Do know any more details on what would be the script content, where should this script reside (I believe it should reside on XI box to execute from XI).

Looks like both the options (a & b) you mentioned above work. please suggest some more details how to execute options a and b.

Thx

N@v!n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Navin, I realized, using OS command will not work for you, because it executes this command only on the PI/XI box. It is not working on remote (ftp) systems

But creating and writing message will work definetely. I've done several scenarios like this.

Peter