cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using IdM for CRM Internet Users

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Can we use SAP's IdM product to manage access for Internet Users (contacts for Business Partners) in CRM? My client has an ISA b2b store with users in CRM5.0. The users are external (customer) users that log into the online stores, they are managed by CRM tools which are not really "identity management" caliber. Does SAP want us to use IdM now to manager provisioning, administration and maintenance of the Internet Users? If so, how?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Frank_Buchholz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Currently NW IdM is able to manage the SU01-users but not CRM business partners nor the link between the business partners and the users.

Therefore you'll continue to manage the CRM Internet Users using the functions built-in into CRM.

Kind regards

Frank

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank.

You seem to be knowledgeable in security, my client is close to making a decision to implement Sun IDM and Access Manager to handle identity management of CRM Internet Sales users. In their assessment CRM does not provide adequate identity tools to meet their business requirements (role hierarchy, delegated admin, roles based on relationships not users (ie. a user can have different access depending on which SoldTo they select in the session), etc.

I'm trying to ensure they make the right decision here, that's why I was hoping the new NW IdM which is much more capable than CRM in terms of identity mgt could be considered as an option, before the client decides to go with a 3rd party software (in this case Sun). Implementing Sun would mean they have to replicate CRM user data into the Sun directory and handle complex synchronization scenarios.

Any advice/help you can provide would be appreciated. I have searched for people knowledgable of Security and CRM ISA together and I simply cannot find any resources anywhere.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramin,

I'm not much femiliar with the CRM implementation. How do these users translate to technical terms? Are these created as regular abap users?

Eric

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Basically, the users are CRM Contacts in the Business Partner table which get "web-enabled" to log into CRM online store (Internet Sales Application). Web-enabling means they get put into SU01 and associated with an SAP ID and password.