cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .NET Connector Console Server Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create an RFC Console Server using C# and the .NET Connector. I am having some communication issues between SAP and the Server when it runs.

I used the SAP. NET Connector Proxy Generator Version 2.0.

1. Using the SM59 Destination, I click "Test Connection" and the test runs successfully but the EXE does not shut down. If I click it again, it opens a new instance of the EXE and so-on. I have to manually shut down each instance on the server.

2. Using the SM59 Destination, I click "System Information / Function List" and it returns some garbage

Function Modules in Program SomeServer .......

%%USER_GLOBAL_SERVER

¾M###x?#N"###x?#

SYSTEM MESSAGE: This function is reserved for the RFC-library!

RFC_TRUSTED_SYSTEM_SECURITY

and does the same as point 1. I should expect to see the names of the RFC I am exposing, but it doesn't show up.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that something is wrong with the settings in SM59. Do not specify "Start Server" and the path to the EXE, but "Registered Server" (or similar). You server needs to be running from its own (e.g. it is a Windows Service) and registeres itself at the gateway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A side note: I built a test app using the same steps using Visual Basic and got the same results. I'll continue my research and post if I find a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any information on the above issue?