Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Consumption by GATP results

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have one scenario where is there is forecast demand of material M at plant A. But this material M is not available in plant A at given point of time when it is required. Now rule based GATP runs and find that many quantities of material in plant B.

Will this GATP run reduce the demand of that material in plant A?

Thanks and Best Regards, Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mishra,

The GATP Doesn't reduce demand of that material in plant A , becasue there is no direct rule to effect Planning,once we consume the stock in other plants .while confiuring in general settings for GATP , we have to give priorities , Where we should check first,.

1) product availabilty check

2) product allocation

3) Forecast check

4) U should activate RBA check box

Based on ur scenario. First u should give priority to

product availabilty check. It will check The stock in plants.

Now u can ask me, How it will check and which plant has to be checked first ?

for that we have to maintain conditions , access strategy , finally u have to maintain Product and location determination procedure in integrated rule mainatenance. Based upon the priorites what u choosen in rule maintenance , the stocks will be checked according to that.

I Hope now u understand .

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

So you mean to say that demand in plant A can never be reduced in such scenario? Meaning there always be demand for this product even if we managed to source it from plant B?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj ,

If it is a location dependent Forecast . then the demand should never go down for plant A.if u directly procure form Plant B( w/o stock transfer)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi & Manoj,

In check instructions if we do,

1) Product availability check - first step.

2) Forecast check - second step.

and then finally RBA .

Doesn't it work? I guess in the above case it should consume forecast at the plant A & stock at plant B.

Thanks & regards,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi and Manoj,

1) If i done stock transfer from Plant B to Plant A . The demand in Plant A will reduce and stock in plant B will reduce.But the demand in plant B will be same. Becaus e, the demand in Plant B is already predefined. It is an UNEXPECTED DEMAND From plant B. So the demand remains same for that period.

2) If i didn't done stock transfer form plant B to plant A. I directly send the material from plant B to the customer or any thing . The Demand In plant A will remains same . Stock will reduce from Plant B and demand remains same .Because Plant B demand is already predefined for that month or Quarter or etc .

we have to maintain rules in integrated rule maintenance.and we have to define product location determination .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj.

Please let me know, whether u have any doubts

If it oaky, please reward points for me

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

In that case of stock transfer you mean to say that SNP is also required to be implemented? What are the settings required in R/3 and APO to effect this change?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

As said by Vamsi you need to us Rules Based ATP with stock transfers and SNP is not required.

You can create Stock transfer by using location determination activity in rule maintenance. This will create Preq at plant A for material M.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Replies seem to have solved the reported issue. Closing thread.